Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dystopian story ideas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys! Tommorow i have one hour to write the beginning of a dystopian novel in english! I LOVE creative writing, and usually i'd be good as this sort of stuff, but i can't think of any dystopian ideas at the mo... Please help, just give me an idea and i will try my best to make it THE BEST DYSTOPIAN STORY OPENING OF ALL TIME!!!
    Thanks guys!

I'm thinking of doing a society after like a war, where humans are made in a science lab and each given a barcode tattoo, but i need an actual plot... Thank you!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    Hiya guys! Tommorow i have one hour to write the beginning of a dystopian novel in english! I LOVE creative writing, and usually i'd be good as this sort of stuff, but i can't think of any dystopian ideas at the mo... Please help, just give me an idea and i will try my best to make it THE BEST DYSTOPIAN STORY OPENING OF ALL TIME!!!
    Thanks guys!

I'm thinking of doing a society after like a war, where humans are made in a science lab and each given a barcode tattoo, but i need an actual plot... Thank you!
    Sorry you didn't get any replies :sadnod: this sounds cool though!! :excited:

The plot… this is tricky. We need a protagonist, a tough yet wise and experienced war veteran and his team of other veterans that know the secret about their barcodes want to fight the establishment… but how do they do it? That's what you have to write

I look forward to this!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Sorry you didn't get any replies :sadnod: this sounds cool though!! :excited:

The plot… this is tricky. We need a protagonist, a tough yet wise and experienced war veteran and his team of other veterans that know the secret about their barcodes want to fight the establishment… but how do they do it? That's what you have to write

I look forward to this!!
    That's a great idea!
    Sadly, i already wrote my assessment, and in the end i didn't use the barcode idea i was planning too, as i couldn't think of a story to put it in! If only you had come along sooner!! No, my plot line wasn't great but i am rather pleased with my writing. A young girl lives in a cute 50's style town, run by these people called the elders. Every so often, people get kidnapped by these things called 'The creatures', with their blood smeared across the trees. These takings happen more regualary, and people get scared. Then the girl is taken, and she find out 'the creatures' are acutaully the elders in masks. They scarifice people because they belive it will bring food to their town.
    Dun dun dun!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    That's a great idea!
    Sadly, i already wrote my assessment, and in the end i didn't use the barcode idea i was planning too, as i couldn't think of a story to put it in! If only you had come along sooner!! No, my plot line wasn't great but i am rather pleased with my writing. A young girl lives in a cute 50's style town, run by these people called the elders. Every so often, people get kidnapped by these things called 'The creatures', with their blood smeared across the trees. These takings happen more regualary, and people get scared. Then the girl is taken, and she find out 'the creatures' are acutaully the elders in masks. They scarifice people because they belive it will bring food to their town.
    Dun dun dun!...
    That was actually a great plot twist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eriasu)
    That was actually a great plot twist!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I need help for a dystopian novel opening but I’m the worst at creative writing can you help me

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.