Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm interested in a Pakistani girl and time is running out Watch

We are both in final year university and we are acquaintances. If we see each other we'd always say hi and have a small chat.

Anyway I just find her extremely beautiful. Something about her. I admit I always get a bit nervous when we talk.
    I also like how much she loves her country and her religion. I just find everything about her so amazing.

I don't know what to do. Like I said I've only got a few weeks to do something.

I also should have mentioned, I'm not Pakistani. I'm Indian. I hope that it doesn't make a difference to her because it doesn't make any difference to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are both in final year university and we are acquaintances. If we see each other we'd always say hi and have a small chat.

Anyway I just find her extremely beautiful. Something about her. I admit I always get a bit nervous when we talk.
    I also like how much she loves her country and her religion. I just find everything about her so amazing.

I also should have mentioned, I'm not Pakistani. I'm Indian. I hope that it doesn't make a difference to her because it doesn't make any difference to me.
    If it's awkward to tell her about your feelings then why not send someone to talk to her and ask her if she would also be interested in you? Then you can take it from there

ReputationRep:
    As noted above is there a mutual friend whom you could ask to find out what her feelings are? If not, if you are on your own sometime and like you said, time is running out, then bite the bullet and go for it. If there is a rejection then atleast you can move on. Best of luck!

(Original post by RosyPearl)
    If it's awkward to tell her about your feelings then why not send someone to talk to her and ask her if she would also be interested in you? Then you can take it from there
    I'm so embarrassed to do that. I mean going to one of my female friends and telling her that I'm interested in her friend. It's easier said than done. She might think I'm joking or something though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm so embarrassed to do that. I mean going to one of my female friends and telling her that I'm interested in her friend. It's easier said than done. She might think I'm joking or something though.
    If that's the case then you should just tell her directly :yep: You've got nothing to lose, and it's never good to leave important words unsaid! :no:

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    As a Pakistani girl myself, I think you should just go up and tell her.
    Find out from her whether she likes you or not.
    Don't bother with a middle person.

IMO, if you're both Muslim, she should have no issues with your background but whether she likes you the way you like her is something only she can tell you.
    I know what you mean, more traditional Pakistanis/Indians have an issue with potential spouses being from India/Pakistan but I'm sure she won't be like that.
    If she's born here, I doubt she'll have that mentality so I wouldn't worry about that.

Hope I helped.

Good luck!

(Original post by RI18)
    As a Pakistani girl myself, I think you should just go up and tell her.
    Find out from her whether she likes you or not.
    Don't bother with a middle person.

IMO, if you're both Muslim, she should have no issues with your background but whether she likes you the way you like her is something only she can tell you.
    I know what you mean, more traditional Pakistanis/Indians have an issue with potential spouses being from India/Pakistan but I'm sure she won't be like that.
    If she's born here, I doubt she'll have that mentality so I wouldn't worry about that.

Hope I helped.

Good luck!
    I'm actually a Sikh. Of course I have no problem with marrying someone outside my religion and would never impose it on anyone. In fact I'd encourage her to be a good Muslim if I got serious and married her.

ReputationRep:

Hahahaaha omg sooo sorry not trying to say this is funny but I've been in a same situation! This almost sounds identical.

Anyhow, I'm a Pakistani girl and I love Indian guys, in fact, I prefer Indian guys over my own Pakistani guys.

Just tell her, seriously, I'm sure she probably thinks you're a cool guy. You need to show some courage and just ask her. She won't bite you.

Btw does she wear a hijab? If so, is this the reason why you're not asking her? Anyhow, my honest advice is to just ask her and see where things go. You'll at least get your answer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually a Sikh. Of course I have no problem with marrying someone outside my religion and would never impose it on anyone. In fact I'd encourage her to be a good Muslim if I got serious and married her.
    https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...20non%20muslim
    sorry bruhh
    unless she's not that religious then try it

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry! My apologies for that mistake.

Can I PM you?
    Please PM me so I can send you a message back.

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    Hahahaaha omg sooo sorry not trying to say this is funny but I've been in a same situation! This almost sounds identical.

Anyhow, I'm a Pakistani girl and I love Indian guys, in fact, I prefer Indian guys over my own Pakistani guys.

Just tell her, seriously, I'm sure she probably thinks you're a cool guy. You need to show some courage and just ask her. She won't bite you.

Btw does she wear a hijab? If so, is this the reason why you're not asking her? Anyhow, my honest advice is to just ask her and see where things go. You'll at least get your answer!
    Yes she wears the hijab. And that's got nothing to do with why I haven't asked yet. I'm just a very nervous guy. I've only ever asked one girl out and that was when I was 12 so it doesn't really count.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh think about your family? Would they accept it? If they would then Great, but since your a Sikh, I'm pretty sure to marry a muslim you have to convert unless she is not religious (Im not muslim but I'm pretty sure this is true).

ReputationRep:
    Yes she wears the hijab. And that's got nothing to do with why I haven't asked yet. I'm just a very nervous guy. I've only ever asked one girl out and that was when I was 12 so it doesn't really count.
    Haha aww bless you! Again, my advice would be to just ask her, maybe she likes you too? You'll never know until you ask her. She's just human, man! Won't bite you! And if nothing works out the way you want it to, then you've got nothing to lose as you'll be graduating this year and probably won't see her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Tbh think about your family? Would they accept it? If they would then Great, but since your a Sikh, I'm pretty sure to marry a muslim you have to convert unless she is not religious (Im not muslim but I'm pretty sure this is true).
    You are correct.

(Original post by SunDun111)
    Yes my parents have already told me that I can marry anyone regardless of ethnicity or religion.

And it is true what you are saying. According to Islam, I must convert before marriage in order to marry her.

ReputationRep:
    Yes my parents have already told me that I can marry anyone regardless of ethnicity or religion.

And it is true what you are saying. According to Islam, I must convert before marriage in order to marry her.
    Omg what!? What cool parents you have! Why couldn't I be you!?

Knowing your parents are open minded, I would seriously advice you to ask her but I think even if she likes you, you guys will have to face issues as Muslim parents make a fuss out of small things too, this is about a Sikh and Muslim girl. If only I was that girl's mum, would have made things easier foe you guys as I wouldn't have mind my daughter to get married to a Sikh guy.

ReputationRep:
    This might end up in tears.

ReputationRep:
    If you want her to be a good muslim woman then please leave her alone, you will have to convert to marry her and if you can't convert and she marries you then she has committed a huge sin, this isn't a small thing in Islam. I really don't know what to advice you, but if you plan on marrying her if things work out, just know that you will be harming her religion wise.

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    Omg what!? What cool parents you have! Why couldn't I be you!?

Knowing your parents are open minded, I would seriously advice you to ask her but I think even if she likes you, you guys will have to face issues as Muslim parents make a fuss out of small things too, this is about a Sikh and Muslim girl. If only I was that girl's mum, would have made things easier foe you guys as I wouldn't have mind my daughter to get married to a Sikh guy.
    I honestly can't think of any issues to be faced. As long as she says yes, the situation is very simple.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't think of any issues to be faced. As long as she says yes, the situation is very simple.
    lol you clearly dont know much about pakistani muslim family's

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.