The Student Room Group

I'm interested in a Pakistani girl and time is running out

Scroll to see replies

write a note to her telling you how you feel. i'm not muslim, but that would be so cute hahah. my feelings for any guy would increase dramatically if he wrote me a note or letter.
Original post by welcometoib
its not about being religious lol, its just being muslim, a muslim female doesnt marry a non muslim, religious or just a mere normal follower, i dont think thats something crazy to say, i thought this was fact? he doesnt know she is religious but again being reckless now will lead to future issues. i dont say whether i agree or disagree, just stating what the fact is.

Yes that's a fact according to Islamic rules but some Muslim ladies to marry outside their religion. It doesn't make them non Muslim or anything because being a Muslim is in your heart and faith in Allah.

Original post by Zamestaneh
In her defence, it's not sufficient to call someone a non-Muslim just because they chose not to follow a rule, rather it's just sinful to do that, and although it is unIslamic and sinful to call something which is sinful 'not sinful', this does not always in of itself make someone a non-Muslim

Yes because if you really think Allah is the judge, then people shouldn't judge others and let Allah judge others. And no one has the right to call any non Muslim..don't you remember that hadith of the prophet(pbuh) where one of his companion said how a Jewish convert wasn't actually a Muslim to which the prophet(pbuh) replied you have not seen what's in his heart. Anyone who believes in the Kalima and allah and Prophet is a Muslim.

And everyone has their own weakness, humans aren't perfect.
Original post by BrokenLife
Yes that's a fact according to Islamic rules but some Muslim ladies to marry outside their religion. It doesn't make them non Muslim or anything because being a Muslim is in your heart and faith in Allah.

Yes because if you really think Allah is the judge, then people shouldn't judge others and let Allah judge others. And no one has the right to call any non Muslim..don't you remember that hadith of the prophet(pbuh) where one of his companion said how a Jewish convert wasn't actually a Muslim to which the prophet(pbuh) replied you have not seen what's in his heart. Anyone who believes in the Kalima and allah and Prophet is a Muslim.

whatever, to each their own, fair enough
also, like you said, time is running out. you deserve to know what she thinks. put religion aside for a minute and just focus on your feelings for her and just tell her:smile: i know it's easier said than done, but that's just what i think
Original post by welcometoib
whatever, to each their own, fair enough

Exactly what my point was to start with.
Original post by racheltblack
also, like you said, time is running out. you deserve to know what she thinks. put religion aside for a minute and just focus on your feelings for her and just tell her:smile: i know it's easier said than done, but that's just what i think

I agree with you!:h: We're all humans at the end of the day :smile:
Basically (to sum everything up i guess), if shes religious, she will not marry you unless you convert. And even then, you're gonna have to convince her parents to let you marry her. Fron what ive heard & seen, pakistani families tend to be quite strict with who they let their girls marry -- they want someone from their own people. Since youre Indian and sikh, i have a feeling you may have to go through a lot to get her (if you do get her that is)
But ofcourse, thats what i think from my experiences, given that the girl is religious.. If shes not religious however, and doesnt care about what her family says and really REALLY loves you.. Then there shouldn't be much of a problem..
Im not being mean, just trying to give you an idea of the situations you might face.

I agree with you to an extent but on balance, people can still judge by the book of Allah since it's Allah's word, therefore representative of Allah's judgment - a scholar could assess a situation and deem that a person is a non-Muslim even if they say the Kalima with their tongues e.g. hypocrites, deviants etc, but it's not really wise for someone unlearned to attempt to call people non-Muslim or a hypocrite since these are massive accusations, unless the situation is really clear cut.
In the case of the hadith you mentioned, it was a man who had been practicing Islam in secret but said the Shahadah outloud when the Muslim army approached, so this situation is slightly different since people are stating their beliefs and opinions publically and can therefore have these opinions scrutinised, although the general message of not knowing what's in people's hearts is a true and fair point :holmes:
(edited 8 years ago)
I agree with you to an extent but on balance, people can still judge by the book of Allah since it's Allah's word, therefore representative of Allah's judgment - a scholar could assess a situation and deem that a person is a non-Muslim even if they say the Kalima with their tongues e.g. hypocrites, deviants etc, but it's not really wise for someone unlearned to attempt to call people non-Muslim or a hypocrite since these are massive accusations, unless the situation is really clear cut.
In the case of the hadith you mentioned, it was a man who had been practicing Islam in secret but said the Shahadah outloud when the Muslim army approached, so this situation is slightly different since people are stating their beliefs publically and can therefore have them scrutinised, although the general message of not knowing what's in people's hearts is a true and fair point :holmes:

O Paaji, I ain't no scholar nor do I wish to be. All I was tryna say is that live and let others live. Just focus on your soul cos at the end of the day, Allah is going to ask for your amaal naama, not the girl's who OP likes or mine.:tongue:
write a note to her telling you how you feel. i'm not muslim, but that would be so cute hahah. my feelings for any guy would increase dramatically if he wrote me a note or letter.

Actually this is what I'm planning, but I'd have to be drunk to even have the confidence to do such a thing which is quite depressing I know.
I just feel that if I gave her a note that expresses what's in my heart, and her response is that she ignores it completely, then that would be the most hurtful thing that could happen to me. More hurtful than if she responds back with saying no. Though both would be hurtful.

I know, I mean it seems to be that religion is the biggest issue by the responses in this thread and that the fact that we are from a different country of origin is irrelevant. I agree, it is much easier said than done.
Original post by Anonymous
Actually this is what I'm planning, but I'd have to be drunk to even have the confidence to do such a thing which is quite depressing I know.
I just feel that if I gave her a note that expresses what's in my heart, and her response is that she ignores it completely, then that would be the most hurtful thing that could happen to me. More hurtful than if she responds back with saying no. Though both would be hurtful.

If you want her to take you seriously, have some courage and talk to her. the note idea wouldn't work for a grown woman. Also, its childish and kinda creepy too. If I was her, I wouldn't have taken it seriously at all.
O Paaji, I ain't no scholar nor do I wish to be. All I was tryna say is that live and let others live. Just focus on your soul cos at the end of the day, Allah is going to ask for your amaal naama, not the girl's who OP likes or mine.:tongue:

Oye bhenji, rehnde, I'll stop :lol:
Oye bhenji, rehnde, I'll stop :lol:

O Paaji, dair naal aye par koi na durust aye. :tongue:Thank you for stopping.:h:
Do not bother unless you are willing to convert..
it will never work, just being honest.
Reply 56
Wasting your time. Not worth it. Plenty of beautiful Sikh girls.
Reply 57
And you are young. You will grow out of whatever feelings you believe you have for her!
better be quick, before she marries her cousin
Original post by ODES_PDES
This might end up in tears.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending