The Student Room Group

I'm interested in a Pakistani girl and time is running out

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BasharAssad
it will never work, just being honest.

Why not? I can't think of any reason. It's quite a simple procedure if she says yes.
OP, omg just tell me, I'll ask her out on your behalf:tongue:

Just tell her man. Nothing bad will happen.:h: Even if she says no, you'll be able to move on at least!
Original post by yafin
Wasting your time. Not worth it. Plenty of beautiful Sikh girls.

I'm assuming you are a Muslim.
And yes I agree, there are beautiful Sikh girls out there. But this is different. Remember beauty is subjective. I just feel I've never met a girl more beautiful than she. So it is most definitely worth it.
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
I'm assuming you are a Muslim.
And yes I agree, there are beautiful Sikh girls out there. But this is different. Remember beauty is subjective. I just feel I've never met a girl more beautiful than she. So it is most definitely worth it.

Yes. My comment is based on my own experience as a young man like you, who was very interested in a Hindu girl (it was mutual). Fortunately for both of us it didn't work out in the end, just short of marriage, for the best I would say, even though we were not religious whatsoever, so that wasn't the issue. You will like me grow older, wiser, and realize you're better off not involving yourself in these type of mixed-faith relationship. Too many unknowns. You can change, she can change and become religious. Best sticking to something that doesn't involve you having to change and compromise, and the same for her in order to get married. And that doesn't have the risk of someone becoming a different person in the future, than the one you married.

You're young, so it's quite normal to feel that you haven't met someone more beautiful. As you grow older, and meet more people, experience more, the less beautiful she will appear and you will end up laughing at yourself when you look back and wonder why you were desperate to get her approval.

It is not worth it. I hope you don't find out the hard way.
Original post by yafin
Yes. My comment is based on my own experience as a young man like you, who was very interested in a Hindu girl (it was mutual). Fortunately for both of us it didn't work out in the end, just short of marriage, for the best I would say, even though we were not religious whatsoever, so that wasn't the issue. You will like me grow older, wiser, and realize you're better off not involving yourself in these type of mixed-faith relationship. Too many unknowns. You can change, she can change and become religious. Best sticking to something that doesn't involve you having to change and compromise, and the same for her in order to get married. And that doesn't have the risk of someone becoming a different person in the future, than the one you married.

You're young, so it's quite normal to feel that you haven't met someone more beautiful. As you grow older, and meet more people, experience more, the less beautiful she will appear and you will end up laughing at yourself when you look back and wonder why you were desperate to get her approval.

It is not worth it. I hope you don't find out the hard way.

I can't accept that response.
She is already quite religious I know as I see her praying. If she wants to be more religious, that's her choice. In fact as I said, I'd encourage her to practice her religion. I don't see religion as something with 'sides', there is no difference between anyone in humanity. I would actually love to visit her country one day.
I would also appreciate it if you would elaborate on the problems likely to be faced if we ended up in an interfaith marriage.
And remember I'm final year university, I'm not going to meet many more people. I am in high doubts that anyone I meet in the future will be more beautiful than she.
Reply 65
Wait ... Encourage her to practice her religion??

Either you intend to convert to Islam, or not aware that she cannot marry a non-Muslim. Or she doesn't believe it's forbidden to marry a non-Muslim. I doubt you intend to convert, and it's probably already came to your attention that she can only marry a Muslim, and if shes's quite religious as you say, she would know it's not permissable to marry a non-Muslim.

So which is it?
Original post by yafin
Wait ... Encourage her to practice her religion??

Either you intend to convert to Islam, or not aware that she cannot marry a non-Muslim. Or she doesn't believe it's forbidden to marry a non-Muslim. I doubt you intend to convert, and it's probably already came to your attention that she can only marry a Muslim, and if shes's quite religious as you say, she would know it's not permissable to marry a non-Muslim.

So which is it?

I don't intend to convert to anything at the moment. I am open to considering it if I believe that another religion is right for me. But I must do more research in order to do that.
I'm sure she knows it's not permissible to marry a non-Muslim, but I still intend to go further with it.

Actually she was in my dream last night and I asked her. In the dream, she knew I was interested in her this whole time and needed more time to make a decision. I think this is a sign.
Time IS running out... cos she'll be married off really soon! OP, you better hurry up and tell her how you feel before her parents take/kidnap her to Pakistan for an arranged marriage to her cousin. Lol :biggrin:
Reply 68
I don't intend to convert to anything at the moment. I am open to considering it if I believe that another religion is right for me. But I must do more research in order to do that.
I'm sure she knows it's not permissible to marry a non-Muslim, but I still intend to go further with it.

Actually she was in my dream last night and I asked her. In the dream, she knew I was interested in her this whole time and needed more time to make a decision. I think this is a sign.

Which is what I don't get. You can't claim you will encourage someone to practice their religion, while planning to get them to do something not permissible. It doesn't make any sense. So basically you want her to break a rule for you by being with you, then you will be supportive regarding the other rules (as long as they don't make a difference to your lifestyle). And when you come across those that do, again get her to do something prohibited. You're supportive as long as it doesn't effect you. The religion has many rules, so in the end, you would be doing the opposite of encouraging her to practice it. It's not like other religions, people choosing what suits them and ignoring which does not. It's practiced as a whole. You said she's quite religious, so I don't think she and/or family would approve.
Original post by yafin
Which is what I don't get. You can't claim you will encourage someone to practice their religion, while planning to get them to do something not permissible. It doesn't make any sense. So basically you want her to break a rule for you by being with you, then you will be supportive regarding the other rules (as long as they don't make a difference to your lifestyle). And when you come across those that do, again get her to do something prohibited. You're supportive as long as it doesn't effect you. The religion has many rules, so in the end, you would be doing the opposite of encouraging her to practice it. It's not like other religions, people choosing what suits them and ignoring which does not. It's practiced as a whole. You said she's quite religious, so I don't think she and/or family would approve.

I don't see why her family would not approve. Even though it is prohibited, I really can't see why.
I really can't see any problems between a Muslim and a Sikh getting married. Our religions are very similar.
tell her she da bomb
Yes she wears the hijab. And that's got nothing to do with why I haven't asked yet. I'm just a very nervous guy. I've only ever asked one girl out and that was when I was 12 so it doesn't really count.

So to have to mention this but as you are a Sikh have you even thought what your parents will think?

I know people will say 'as long as they like each other' and this is quite a different matter, especially considering the tension between muslims and Sikhs.
I don't see why her family would not approve. Even though it is prohibited, I really can't see why.
I really can't see any problems between a Muslim and a Sikh getting married. Our religions are very similar.

I agree with you but damn you have no idea how Pakistani Muslim parents are like! Its ridiculous tbh but this is how it is. But if the girl ism't so religious or cultural, it'll be okay. But tbf this will be hard as parents...omg you should know how Pakistani Muslim parents are like. Please watch Veer Zara again.
So to have to mention this but as you are a Sikh have you even thought what your parents will think?

I know people will say 'as long as they like each other' and this is quite a different matter, especially considering the tension between muslims and Sikhs.

Actually my parents have told me that I can marry anyone from any religious background and from any ethnicity.
And the tension is all a lie. There is no tension. I have so many Muslim friends. More than Sikh friends. Doesn't make a difference.

Coming from a Sikh upbringing and then having converted to Islam, I can tell you now that the religions are largely different, with similarities being small or negligible - the two religions come from two completely different branches - Abrahamic and Dharmic - which is why they are so different. The only similarities that they have are arguably a belief in one God and a rejection of idol worship; though this is where the similarities end since the nature of this one God differs thereafter, and from the strict Islamic perspective, the Sikh treatment of the Granth and the Gurus could amount to polytheism/idolatry... If one is inclined to a dodgy version of Sufi Islam, then there may be a few more similarities with Sikhism, but even then the religions are still miles apart...

Anyway, as explained, according to Islamic teaching, she would be sinning massively in marrying you, and this is the unanimous decision of any reliable Muslim scholar - Muslim girls cannot marry any non-Muslim, and that includes Christians and Jews (who are even closer to Islam than Sikhs), so Sikhs have no chance of being permissible to marry.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why not? I can't think of any reason. It's quite a simple procedure if she says yes.
ok don't cry when she says no lol
Actually my parents have told me that I can marry anyone from any religious background and from any ethnicity.And the tension is all a lie. There is no tension. I have so many Muslim friends. More than Sikh friends. Doesn't make a difference.
and I assure you that the girls parents have told her the exact opposite, I am Pakistani and I know how it is.
Reply 77
U r afraid that she might say No.. Just tell her, if she says no, do something special for her and play with her often. Make her laugh. Then tell her again OK... She'll say yes and u both will live happily ever after. Just believe in itself OK. U can do this :banana:

Before thinking about whether it's okay to be together you need to know how she feels for you first.
I had a dream of my family accepting me to do nursing and they were pleased but when I told them in rl they flipped saying how hard and stressful it is and advised against doing it.
So yeah I was confused thinking my dream was the reality so don't get your hopes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending