Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was at Exeter Saturday (history and ancient history offer) and there are a couple questions left to ask
    Firstly I have dyslexia and while I compensate for it in English this isn't the case with foreign languages. I would like to do Latin but am concerned it would pull my grade down. Would I be able to do Latin in addition to my core modules?

Secondly how far is it to get into the middle of nowhere? I like camping/hiking/scouts etc (I notice there are one or two relevant societies)

Lastly I wanted to know if I have a last minute change of heart eg straight history or joint ancient history and classics, what would be the latest date at which I would be able to transfer?

Thanks! if you happen to know a better place/forum for me to ask this question would you tell me please?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can do Latin, but unless it is offered as an optional module on your course, you will need to apply via a 'module change' form.

Not far, I know the rambling, hiking, and climbing societies do regular outings.

Not sure about that last one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbynojeans)
    I was at Exeter Saturday (history and ancient history offer) and there are a couple questions left to ask
    Firstly I have dyslexia and while I compensate for it in English this isn't the case with foreign languages. I would like to do Latin but am concerned it would pull my grade down. Would I be able to do Latin in addition to my core modules?

Secondly how far is it to get into the middle of nowhere? I like camping/hiking/scouts etc (I notice there are one or two relevant societies)

Lastly I wanted to know if I have a last minute change of heart eg straight history or joint ancient history and classics, what would be the latest date at which I would be able to transfer?

Thanks! if you happen to know a better place/forum for me to ask this question would you tell me please?
    Exeter isn't really a city where you walk into the wilderness, the societies that do get out and explore do tend to drive to somewhere more remote and take it from there.

As for where to ask questions, I'd get on facebook and look for any relevant groups. So if you want to ask questions about one of the societies, find their facebook page, join it and ask there, you'll get a much better answer from their own members than you will on here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.