Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey was wondering if anyone who is doing gcse edexcel computer science and are in yr11 would maybe like to be a study buddy haha!
    It can even be a group of people aiming for an A* so would like someone wanting an A* as well but other people can also join
    I feel like im on tinder writing my bio😂

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I'm currently in yr 11 as well a study group sounds like a great idea. Though I've finished all my CompSci coursework already (and boy am I glad of that) it'd be great to have someone to discuss the theory revision with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tygereyes)
    Hey there! I'm currently in yr 11 as well a study group sounds like a great idea. Though I've finished all my CompSci coursework already (and boy am I glad of that) it'd be great to have someone to discuss the theory revision with.
    I've finished my coursework as well! Are u on the same board and what was ur coursework about?
    I think its better to have a study buddy so we can both push each other will be really fun as well and maybe we can be friends as well (hope that doesnt sound too weird haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arh no turns out I'm on the OCR computer science course. :/ Though looking at the specification for both and they are practically the same so we'll still be able to help each other out!And no you don't sound too weird saying that. It'd be great to have someone to talk(and stress) with. For my 2 courseworks I had to make an app on app inventor and a python program what did u do?

ReputationRep:
    Arh no turns out I'm on the OCR computer science course. :/ Though looking at the specification for both and they are practically the same so we'll still be able to help each other out!And no you don't sound too weird saying that. It'd be great to have someone to talk(and stress) with. For my 2 courseworks I had to make an app on app inventor and a python program what did u do?
    Oh thats cool! Yh I'll use my specification and you can use yours haha and we can help each other out my one was a 15 hour controlled assessment worth 25%. Was given 3 tasks and in all of them I had to use python to design the program. Haha im so glad I only have one controlled assessment and 1 past paper
    Btw my school is an underperforming school. Our last teacher didnt teach us anything so I am having to self teach computer science. So if I don't know some things I am very sorry haha. We're really behind and im trying to use the specification to go through everything before April starts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Oh thats cool! Yh I'll use my specification and you can use yours haha and we can help each other out my one was a 15 hour controlled assessment worth 25%. Was given 3 tasks and in all of them I had to use python to design the program. Haha im so glad I only have one controlled assessment and 1 past paper
    Btw my school is an underperforming school. Our last teacher didnt teach us anything so I am having to self teach computer science. So if I don't know some things I am very sorry haha. We're really behind and im trying to use the specification to go through everything before April starts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok your coursework is slightly different from the OCR course. We had to do 2 twenty hour coursework, each one was 30% of our grade, while the theory is only 40%. Thankfully I got good grades on both of them, so i have less tho worry about in the exam! My teacher at the moment is terrible and does't really understand how teaching works. -_- However the other CompSci teacher at my school knows how bad he is and has been sending us revision notes and links. Ill be happy to share them with you! As well,don't worry about not knowing much, we're here to help each other

ReputationRep:
    Ok your coursework is slightly different from the OCR course. We had to do 2 twenty hour coursework, each one was 30% of our grade, while the theory is only 40%. Thankfully I got good grades on both of them, so i have less tho worry about in the exam! My teacher at the moment is terrible and does't really understand how teaching works. -_- However the other CompSci teacher at my school knows how bad he is and has been sending us revision notes and links. Ill be happy to share them with you! As well,don't worry about not knowing much, we're here to help each other
    Haha lucky 60% of your grade is good! I like exams more so hopefully I can get an A* in my exam paper. I think I got at least an A in my controlled assessment lol and yh that would be great actually! Thank you so much
    I've been studying the specification for the past few days and so far so good. Missed some things cos didnt understand it but yh not bad haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.