Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I guess I am my Mental Health in a way.

So like now I feel really good and happy, but is it just hypomania?! :dontknow:

I feel like I'm so variable because of my MH that at any one time my MH influence is strong but it's not always necessarily bad?

Idk if that even makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Got back from my psychiatrist 10 minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly okay. I get by, and I know now how to stop things from getting hopeless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Not the best. Been in and out of therapy for years and lost count of what I've been diagnosed with. I'm a lot more secure and happier and healthier than I've been for a while though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep going! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yep this is me too
    It sucks!
    I guess your starting to get better now?

ReputationRep:
    Depression is only starting to come in bouts. Before it was 24/7 depression.

Haven't self harmed for nearly a year now

Haven't had panic attacks for a few months

Haven't had bulimia since Year 10.

It isn't good atm because depression is the most paralysing one for me.

ReputationRep:
    well this morning it seemed good was enjoying the nice weather whilst waiting for the tram that wasnt even working lol so had to be a bus girl for the day
    now its going down again meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)

:hugs:

well done for getting to those checkpoints.

and I've been bulimia free for 2 years now :woo: I will NEVER go back there though. CBT really helped me with that.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I've no clue tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

thugs dont have mental health

im a thug

chug life
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Extremely variable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    :hugs:

well done for getting to those checkpoints.

and I've been bulimia free for 2 years now :woo: I will NEVER go back there though. CBT really helped me with that.
    We are freakishly alike in terms of what we've been through mentally..

ReputationRep:
    We are freakishly alike in terms of what we've been through mentally..
    I know.

But I hope the light at the end of the tunnel appears sooner for you than it has for me.

I think I just learnt very well to deal with myself and the introspection, although paralysing at times, does help you to overcome it through rational reinforcement.

I have quite a complex condition though and it's kind of like spinning plates with symptoms. The key thing for me is sustainable use of energy so that I don't use it all up excitedly and then burn out.

Antidepressants very much help me, in a lot of ways.

ReputationRep:
    I know.

But I hope the light at the end of the tunnel appears sooner for you than it has for me.

I think I just learnt very well to deal with myself and the introspection, although paralysing at times, does help you to overcome it through rational reinforcement.

I have quite a complex condition though and it's kind of like spinning plates with symptoms. The key thing for me is sustainable use of energy so that I don't use it all up excitedly and then burn out.

Antidepressants very much help me, in a lot of ways.

Yeah me too. I am so tired of getting bouts of depression. It drains me out so much.

I was offered anti depressants but I turned them down because I don't want to rely on pills. I spend most of my time reading books.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. I am so tired of getting bouts of depression. It drains me out so much.

I was offered anti depressants but I turned them down because I don't want to rely on pills. I spend most of my time reading books.
    I understand you not wanting to rely on pills. By any chance did you get to read the blog post I did on anti-depressants?

It is so draining though, and because it's only 'bouts' people don't tend to take it as seriously as if it is chronic and consistent.

ReputationRep:

Same!

I get bouts of depression too, it comes in chunks. Can last 3 days, to 2 weeks....after a longer period I feel extremely exhausted.

Last week was great, this week has started out terrible. It's really tough to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Quite bored, but sane. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Since the start of Feb I've been crying almost daily, at least twice a day is standard.

The result of heartbreak, family issues and poor mental health.

ReputationRep:

Thought id congratulate you on your major improvements. It takes a really strong person to pull through it all.
    Well done. Hope you become fully better soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Thought id congratulate you on your major improvements. It takes a really strong person to pull through it all.
    Well done. Hope you become fully better soon.
    Thank you and me too :*

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Same!

I get bouts of depression too, it comes in chunks. Can last 3 days, to 2 weeks....after a longer period I feel extremely exhausted.

Last week was great, this week has started out terrible. It's really tough to be honest.
    My longest one was a month.. It affects my sleeping pattern too. I'm starting to look like a panda..

I understand you not wanting to rely on pills. By any chance did you get to read the blog post I did on anti-depressants?

It is so draining though, and because it's only 'bouts' people don't tend to take it as seriously as if it is chronic and consistent.
    Nope I didn't. Yeah if you have it in bouts, you're attention seeking apparently.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.