Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Same!

I get bouts of depression too, it comes in chunks. Can last 3 days, to 2 weeks....after a longer period I feel extremely exhausted.

Last week was great, this week has started out terrible. It's really tough to be honest.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My mental health probably isn't as good as I'd like to think. It's ok, not terrible, not great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Thank you and me too :*

My longest one was a month.. It affects my sleeping pattern too. I'm starting to look like a panda..

Nope I didn't. Yeah if you have it in bouts, you're attention seeking apparently.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post62979895

Check it out-- it's just about why not to write antidepressants off.....

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What does this even mean?
    How do you check it?

ReputationRep:
    "Health" isn't the right word. But keeping on truckin'.

(Original post by ByronicHero)
    Extremely variable.
    What does that even mean.... So much complexity in your words.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Thank you and me too :*
    No worries
    I know how hard it is.

ReputationRep:
    As the response has been almost 100% negative, I have a question for you all.

Do you think poor mental health is caused by being a part of a society of plenty? I mean, I don't know any of your personal situations, but I'm guessing that the majority of you live fairly comfortable lives, and aren't threatened by starvation or disease daily?

It's a curious question that I've always wondered, as it seems that those who live through tragedy seem to strive for happiness and revel in positivity more often than not, whereas those who live in comparative comfort are often miserable. Does living comfortably create boredom, so that we resort to dwelling on negatives that aren't even there, as a way of sending a jolt of something through our brains? To create a sort of morbid excitement?

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by XxSophie01xX)

Do you think poor mental health is caused by being a part of a society of plenty? I mean, I don't know any of your personal situations, but I'm guessing that the majority of you live fairly comfortable lives, and aren't threatened by starvation or disease daily?

It's a curious question that I've always wondered, as it seems that those who live through tragedy seem to strive for happiness and revel in positivity more often than not, whereas those who live in comparative comfort are often miserable. Does living comfortably create boredom, so that we resort to dwelling on negatives that aren't even there, as a way of sending a jolt of something through our brains? To create a sort of morbid excitement?
    It is definitely something to do with the Western culture, especially over the last few generations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could be better lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    It is definitely something to do with the Western culture, especially over the last few generations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is - I think because we don't have to be concerned about the basic human needs - i.e: food, water, survival, etc we can afford to become transfixed on more 'superficial' ideas - vanity, narcissism, egotism, etc. Through this, we achieve a sense of fulfillment.

ReputationRep:

Nah it's just my crazy ****ing life. I guess I see the logic behind that though and it makes sense.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

So mental health problems that TSR users face are due to first world problems? Seems a lot shorter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Nah it's just my crazy ****ing life. I guess I see the logic behind that though and it makes sense.
    How is it crazy, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    How is it crazy, exactly?
    I'd rather not say on here...

idk tbh i just ignore it and hope it goes away, tbh i wouldn't care at all about my mental health as long as it didn't affect my physical health which ironically it does because i ignored the anxiety in the first place lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    idk tbh i just ignore it and hope it goes away, tbh i wouldn't care at all about my mental health as long as it didn't affect my physical health which ironically it does because i ignored the anxiety in the first place lol
    awhhhhh :hugs:
    you gotta address it! the cycle will never stop unless you break it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    also that rep was a mistake :lol: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    Not great.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

I wish mine was because I'm bored of society. My mental health is just **** for so many reasons.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.