Would studying Economics and Finance make a First class degree more achievable?

Watch
ImNotSuperman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently in my first year at a top 50 university. We have a common first year for business, so all business related courses are studying the same modules. Next year I would like to study BA Economics, however after doing some research, I found out only 3 out of 90 students obtained a First last year, and to be honest that has really put me off. I have received a First in everything I have been graded on so far, and I would be really disappointed (rightly or wrongly) if I were to receive a 2:1 as my overall grade - even if it was for a course as demanding as Economics.

As a result, I'm thinking about studying Economics and Finance, rather than Economics alone. Finance has a 27% First rate according to Unistats, and I find Finance equally as interesting as Economics.

Are they equally weighted? So if I got an overall 65% in Economics, and a 75% in Finance, I would get an overall 70% mark?

Would it be a good idea to choose Economics and Finance, rather than stand alone Economics?

Many thanks for anyone that replies
ImNotSuperman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (535)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (648)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads