Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to change courses at Oxford before I've even started the course? I have an offer for Mathematics, but would like to switch to pure Compsci/Compsci+Mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest contacting your college at the first point, you won't risk losing your current offer if you ask.

Tagging in gavinlowe, who will know more about whether it is likely to be possible or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiiamint)
    Does anyone know if it is possible to change courses at Oxford before I've even started the course? I have an offer for Mathematics, but would like to switch to pure Compsci/Compsci+Mathematics.
    Wasn't your offer a Cambridge offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hiiamint)
    As Lucilou says, get in touch with your college. It is sometimes possible. But the college will want to be sure that you have sufficient aptitude for Computer Science, and that they are able to provide you with suitable CS tuition.

Feel free to PM or email me; it might be useful to know which college you've applied to.

Gavin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    Wasn't your offer a Cambridge offer?
    Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

ReputationRep:
    To clarify: my offer is indeed from Cambridge, I posted in this forum to check if there have been similar instances at Oxford, has the structure of the two universities tend to be quite similar. Sorry if I offended anyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.