Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! I'm going to KCL in September and was wondering which accommodation provided by KCL (or not) is the nicest? I know many will find this superficial but I attach value to what my place for potential 4 years will look like. Which location is not too far away and still nice? I really like Champion Hill (modern, white, minimal, clean) but maybe someone else can share his/her opinion on the same issue? Thanks for any help!

PS: Urbanest looks great, but overpriced?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I just paid the deposit for Urbanest Westminster yesterday It's super pricey, yeah, but I'm an international student living in a different country for the first time, so I sort of convinced my parents that it's definitely worth it to invest in a nice, safe accommodation building for my first year at uni. It's also a 20 minute walk to strand campus, and a 12 minute bus ride. That way you can save £85/per month on the unlimited oyster card that you would probably have to get if you lived anywhere further. AND IT HAS UNDERFLOOR HEATING. ARE YOU SOLD YET?

nah but i get you, it's pricey but I think it would definitely be worth it. You should hurry up though if you're interested, when I spoke the Urbanest rep she told me that there were only 2 en-suites left at Westmin (assuming you want en suite, idk about the other room types) and I booked one of them... so there's basically 1 left. Tower Bridge has a couple left too, but are going to get sold out quickly as well.

Hope this helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcl111)
    Hi! I just paid the deposit for Urbanest Westminster yesterday It's super pricey, yeah, but I'm an international student living in a different country for the first time, so I sort of convinced my parents that it's definitely worth it to invest in a nice, safe accommodation building for my first year at uni. It's also a 20 minute walk to strand campus, and a 12 minute bus ride. That way you can save £85/per month on the unlimited oyster card that you would probably have to get if you lived anywhere further. AND IT HAS UNDERFLOOR HEATING. ARE YOU SOLD YET?

nah but i get you, it's pricey but I think it would definitely be worth it. You should hurry up though if you're interested, when I spoke the Urbanest rep she told me that there were only 2 en-suites left at Westmin (assuming you want en suite, idk about the other room types) and I booked one of them... so there's basically 1 left. Tower Bridge has a couple left too, but are going to get sold out quickly as well.

Hope this helped!
    Just checked and the ensuite is 279/week. Oh my god, my budget is definitely only 200 a week, haha! But the idea of sharing a room with someone else is just not a great thing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that sucks Mine is 269/week (you can get a room with a '*****ier' view, not a dealbreaker for me tbh)

I think the private rooms are around 230/week? And those have shared kitchens AND bathrooms, so if you're okay with that you can check that out as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcl111)
    Ahh that sucks Mine is 269/week (you can get a room with a '*****ier' view, not a dealbreaker for me tbh)

I think the private rooms are around 230/week? And those have shared kitchens AND bathrooms, so if you're okay with that you can check that out as well!
    I will have a look, thank you! Unfortunately I can't find any reviews online, though? Just want to make sure it's great as I can't physically visit it beforehand!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Abramovic)
    I will have a look, thank you! Unfortunately I can't find any reviews online, though? Just want to make sure it's great as I can't physically visit it beforehand!
    Imo, there are plenty of places to choose from that are much less than that.. £280/week is more than what an employed graduate could afford..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ik who someone who visited both WSBA and Tower Bridge physically, and they say it's as beautiful as it is on the website!That kind of boosted my confidence, and it seemed a lot more popular/in a better location than the others! If you look up 'Westminster Student Bridge Accommodation' on Google Maps, walk a little bit and turn to the path on the left, if you go straight down you'll be right at the London Eye/Big Ben! So it's in a very very cool location, and you can walk to just about any of the major museums/restaurants/cute streets. This is what I have to do since I can't actually visit lol, live vicariously through Google Maps. Also they have 2 floors just for KCL students, and a few for LSE etc, so you live with people from the same uni but interact with people from others- which is awesome. Also it has unlimited wifi/free to use iMacs, free bike rentals as well!But yeah, it all depends on your budget

ReputationRep:
    ok update: EVERYWHERE has unlimited wifi oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Imo, there are plenty of places to choose from that are much less than that.. £280/week is more than what an employed graduate could afford..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your feedback! I'd love to share a house with people, but I'm afraid of having a fight at some point or something and the whole atmosphere being ruined, haha. I'm paying everything myself so I just want something that I don't have to worry about (bills, social stuff, ...) :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.