Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ended up getting CCD (Biology, Chemistry and Maths) at A Level and felt I'm set for mediocrity. I had a epiphany at results day and got my sh1t together. I then went to do a foundation year at a local uni for engineering and been averaging 75% for all the modules and finally got an offer at ccvv for Chemical Engineering.

Hard work does wonders. It ain't too late to do whatever you want to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hs1var19)
    I ended up getting CCD (Biology, Chemistry and Maths) at A Level and felt I'm set for mediocrity. I had a epiphany at results day and got my sh1t together. I then went to do a foundation year at a local uni for engineering and been averaging 75% for all the modules and finally got an offer at Leeds University for Chemical Engineering.

Hard work does wonders. It ain't too late to do whatever you want to do!
    Good on you!
    I'm in a similar situation to you, I got pretty bad AS grades and will hopefully be doing a foundation year for physics at Loughborough next year if all goes to plan with A level.

ReputationRep:
    congrats !! hard work really does pay off, hope you enjoy leeds
    really does come down to assessing your options and trying again, hopefully i can do that in september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenafenete)
    Good on you!
    I'm in a similar situation to you, I got pretty bad AS grades and will hopefully be doing a foundation year for physics at Loughborough next year if all goes to plan with A level.
    That sounds a good plan. Hope everything turns out good for ya!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    congrats !! hard work really does pay off, hope you enjoy leeds
    really does come down to assessing your options and trying again, hopefully i can do that in september.
    Thanks! Will do definitely, I go to uni at Bradford! Haha Legit though, what I've learnt is prepare for the worst and be honest right after the exams. Are you in Year 13 now?

ReputationRep:
    Proud of you, keep up the good work :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Will do definitely, I go to uni at Bradford! Haha Legit though, what I've learnt is prepare for the worst and be honest right after the exams. Are you in Year 13 now?
    Haha that is good advice ! And nope I failed my 1st year at uni last year so I'm on a kind of gap year atm. I've got 2 offers from UEA and Leicester though so hopefully I can start afresh

ReputationRep:
    That sounds a good plan. Hope everything turns out good for ya!
    Thank you! I hope that chemistry this year doesn't screw me over :bricks:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I hope that chemistry this year doesn't screw me over :bricks:
    Chemistry is a pain in the bum! I got a B at AS but there was just too much stuff to learn at A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    Haha that is good advice ! And nope I failed my 1st year at uni last year so I'm on a kind of gap year atm. I've got 2 offers from UEA and Leicester though so hopefully I can start afresh
    Ohhh fingers crossed! What course are you starting this September if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh fingers crossed! What course are you starting this September if you dont mind me asking?
    Thank you! And business management

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel better i got BCC at AS and got offers from Bristol, Warwick, Leeds, York and Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    How did you do in terms of GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toxic_Legends)
    If it makes you feel better i got BCC at AS and got offers from Bristol, Warwick, Leeds, York and Nottingham
    What were your final grades? Did you get in to your first choice? I also got BCC at AS, need BBB this year for my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing man, great job

Unfortunately I didn't get the grades for my firm choice and course. Now I'm at a mediocre uni but I recently got an offer from Exeter to transfer directly into 2nd year of my course, provided I get a 2:1 this year. This has given me an incentive to work hard.

ReputationRep:
    Well Done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear all of this. For a long time on the left side of the Pond, we heard about the ruthless filtering of the UK system, starting with the 11-plus. Obviously, UK universities are still somewhat sticky about exam results in the admissions process, but at least there are more chances out there to prove yourself even if you're later to the party than your classmates.

ReputationRep:
    Good on you!
    Nice plan!

Where else have you applied? What did you put as your insurance?
    Have you filled out your student finance application?
    I haven't even started mine since I know its a long tedious process. :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Nice plan!

Where else have you applied? What did you put as your insurance?
    Have you filled out your student finance application?
    I haven't even started mine since I know its a long tedious process. :argh:
    I applied to Manchester, Southampton, Queen mary and Loughborough for physics with a foundation year and York for normal physics
    Got offers from QM and Loughborough
    Loughborough firm
    QM Insurance (But the offer is higher than Loughborough)

Halfway through it, the student finance doesn't seen to recognise the code for physics with a foundation year idk why

What you applying for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.