Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reveal an insecurity you have Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I'm insecure about whether or not people actually like me. I constantly tell myself people don't actually care about me and it's so annoying

I also think people are laughing at me too, hate it :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aww am sure there are a lot of people that care about yah!

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from the "People are laughing" thing, but more "People are looking at me, I must have done something wrong!" and I hate not being able to see people's faces. I went to my first Comicon this weekend and a couple of guys dressed as xenomorphs came up to us and I got a bit panicky.

I'm going again next year (with more money hopefully - my boyfriend and I have said to make sure we have around £100-150 spending money next year to buy all the things that we want.) and I want to dress up (Got a few ideas) but I will also try and go into the pageant, as I feel safer if I'm "working" i.e. performing something onstage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I think they're laughing because they get so nervous in the presense of my intimidatingly-glorious perfection...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not really
    Nahh, of course they do. They can't handle the fact that we have no imperfections :ahee:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Gosh, I love it when I'm big headed

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll struggle to settle down and die a premature death, possibly attacked by a wild tribe in Indonesia by giving up my job and traveling the world with no money for the banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    Hon Hon Hon Babyyyyyy
    Bit zoomed in tbh...this is better...
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I often worry that I'll never find a job that I'd like to do. Also, I feel like I look much younger than my age, and that makes me feel insecure (I feel like people treat me differently than they should, because they don't realise how old I actually am)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Bit zoomed in tbh...this is better...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Omggg I got rektttt

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm tall... but if you are just a little bit taller than me I start to hate you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well inside...never ever say it through the mouth

ReputationRep:
    That there's something so obviously wrong with me and can't see, that people don't even bother to point it out and just hang out with me and listen to me out of pity

:getmecoat:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    The way i speak, can't speak clearly and when people just go 'WHHAATTT??? speak up' i'm just like
    :blushing:

(Original post by ivy.98)
    That there's something so obviously wrong with me and can't see, that people don't even bother to point it out and just hang out with me and listen to me out of pity:getmecoat:
    it isn't possible for anything to be wrong with how you are ivy :hugs:x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by RobML)
    I suffer from the classic "I can hear people laughing... they must be laughing at me!" nonsense. I know it's totally irrational, but it's a mindset I just can't seem to escape
    Spotlight syndrome.... ****ing hate it.
    I get it in certain public places, particularly if lights are really bright and white.

I'm insecure about my whiteness and how people judge me in that way, hence sunbeds, feeling better on sunny days and a touch of fake tan etc. In a world of social media, i find the risk of a bad photo tough so I try my best to look as good as i can and that leads to insecurity. Would hate to be seen when I've got say sunburn (rare) or suchlike.
    Other than that, I'm confident and give no ****s. Most people I know really like me tbh, I have lots of really good friends and never struggle socially. I can't shift my self-judgement and spotlight syndrome (in some circumstances) though

ReputationRep:
    my forehead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I suffer from the classic "I can hear people laughing... they must be laughing at me!" nonsense. I know it's totally irrational, but it's a mindset I just can't seem to escape
    My face in general, looking tired all the time and such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    The way i speak, can't speak clearly and when people just go 'WHHAATTT??? speak up' i'm just like
    :blushing:

it isn't possible for anything to be wrong with how you are ivy :hugs:x
    AW OMG! :jumphug:y u so cute?!?!!? :lovehug::love: ly cav <33

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everything about myself :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallah abdi)
    my forehead
    man like abdi and his forehead loool
    just make sure dat hairline is banging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Omggg I got rektttt

:toofunny:
    LOOOL catfish exposedddddddddd :mmm: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That I'll find it hard to really settle down and probably die alone. I don't know why this worries me the most. But it does.:dontknow:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That I'll never be able to attract someone or hold down a relationship for reasons x y z which I won't go into. but it's not something I worry about most of the time. :borat:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    That I'll never be able to attract someone or hold down a relationship for reasons x y z which I won't go into. but it's not something I worry about most of the time. :borat:
    Those fears are surely irrational bro. Not that this makes them any easier to deal with! However, I'm sure they will be removed when the right person comes along

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.