Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ya Dunno is that you :lol:
    What's sad is I only noticed recently that when someone is taller... it gets to me.. heavily... :getmecoat:
    wth am I so insecure on such :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, but I think most people know it's me tbh

Same, even if the person is only a tiny bit smaller it gets to me as well.:lol:

It's quite sad:lol:, but It's good to know that I am not the only one who feels like this.:five:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when I'm trying to articulate what I'm saying I end up stuttering. I hate it. Always in front of large groups too.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Where do I begin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Where do I begin?
    Start with something that you're least ashamed of?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Start with something that you're least ashamed of?
    I'm ashamed of all my insecurities because most of them are pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ashamed of all my insecurities because most of them are pathetic.
    But if you write them down in a list you sort of can look at them and stare at them and then they're not so bad in the grander scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    My biggest is probably my weight (though I'm in the process of changing that)

2nd thing is my height, not because I'm short but because I'm 5'10" I stand out in a crowd usually and I really don't like it because short people tend to look at me in disgust which is actually quite intimidating
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    But if you write them down in a list you sort of can look at them and stare at them and then they're not so bad in the grander scheme of things.
    They are to me. They link into my mental health which is never going to be fixed. Ok, so I've got over how I look, I don't care ao much if people stare, but all the rest of them will always been important in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    We all have them.

I've never been socially awkward but have a tendency to over-analyse my interactions. I guess I sometimes worry about how I am perceived.

If I get a coffee I will wonder afterwards if I was friendly enough to the barista. Maybe I didn't smile enough. Maybe they thought I was a bit rude. I am obsessed with always being at my best for everyone.

Ridiculous really.

ReputationRep:
    They are to me. They link into my mental health which is never going to be fixed. Ok, so I've got over how I look, I don't care ao much if people stare, but all the rest of them will always been important in the grand scheme of things.
    When I say grand scheme of things, I mean there are probably people who wish they were you, or wish they had the circumstances you have.

There are days when I wake up and I think, wow I'm so lucky there is a roof over my head and food in my fridge.

There are people who are blind and deaf and paralysed. There are people who have hours left to live. Minutes even.

Then I think about my insecurities. I write them down. In the grander scheme of things, they're not that important.

ReputationRep:
    Insecure about how much people really care about me when they talk to me... am I just a time killer to them? It's a mystery *ghost I can't be arsed to find emoji*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    When I say grand scheme of things, I mean there are probably people who wish they were you, or wish they had the circumstances you have.

There are days when I wake up and I think, wow I'm so lucky there is a roof over my head and food in my fridge.

There are people who are blind and deaf and paralysed. There are people who have hours left to live. Minutes even.

Then I think about my insecurities. I write them down. In the grander scheme of things, they're not that important.
    People might wish to be me because I'm getting a good education, but I'm still miserable inside each day. You can have all the wealth in the world but it won't mean **** if you're not happy internally.

I don't mean to be rude. I know people are like that. My family know people who died just yesterday. But my mental health makes me for a difficult person to be and if anyone knew the true extent of it, they wouldn't want it.

ReputationRep:
    More recently, that I look like an idiot whilst running

ReputationRep:
    My stomach. I was always bloated as a kid and thus bullied for looking pregnant. 9 years later- perfectly normal stomach but I always have to have it covered/something that makes me feel like it's held in (tights mostly)

ReputationRep:
    I'm insecure about how I present myself to others in social situations. What often is the case is that 'inside of my head' I will be perfectly fine and happy, but outwardly I will present myself as something that I am not, depending upon how I feel at the time, and how stressed I am. It is most annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Persistant fear of being exposed as a 'fraud'.
    I don't feel like I am ever good enough, not truly so I try my best to cover it up.
    Basically the imposter syndrome wikipedia page

ReputationRep:
    Name:  article-2153071-1364D387000005DC-82_468x286 (1).jpg
Views: 60
Size:  32.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    We all have them.

I've never been socially awkward but have a tendency to over-analyse my interactions. I guess I sometimes worry about how I am perceived.

If I get a coffee I will wonder afterwards if I was friendly enough to the barista. Maybe I didn't smile enough. Maybe they thought I was a bit rude. I am obsessed with always being at my best for everyone.

Ridiculous really.
    I know exactly what you mean, feel like this for even the smallest situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuibblerWaffle)
    I know exactly what you mean, feel like this for even the smallest situations

Really? Glad I'm not the only one. :hugs:

In Topman the other day I asked where something was and then worried for the next 10 minutes that I asked too 'forcefully' if you know what I mean. I'm not anxious though, just obsessive about appearing my best.

:lol:

(Original post by C-rated)
    Apparently I look like a viking but I just don't see it
    Neither do I.

I've always been scared of people just pretending to accept me when they're friendly. This goes from people on the street to close friends and family sometimes. If people don't like me, I'd rather them not hide it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.