Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reveal an insecurity you have Watch

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    My handwriting, always slows me down :nope:
    God tell me about if I could go back in time to learn how to write neatly then I would gladly give up anything. I find it so embarrassing filling out forms my hand written exam papers are absolutely dreadful to read. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Leaving TSR and getting on with my essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    God tell me about if I could go back in time to learn how to write neatly then I would gladly give up anything. I find it so embarrassing filling out forms my hand written exam papers are absolutely dreadful to read. :afraid:
    Are you a doctor by any chance?

(Original post by Thomb)
    Are you a doctor by any chance?
    That would be a nice excuse to use if I were one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    That would be a nice excuse to use if I were one.
    Karl Marx had awful handwriting and he changed the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreme De Kreme)
    How tall are you, out of curiosity?:mute:
    I dunno in feet.. coz Im metric or imeprial (whichever isnt about miles and feet)
    Its more or less 187cm :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeyK)
    I dunno in feet.. coz Im metric or imeprial (whichever isnt about miles and feet)
    Its more or less 187cm :dumbells:
    Yeah you are taller than me, I am only 183 or 184cm.

I already feel insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreme De Kreme)
    Yeah you are taller than me, I am only 183 or 184cm.

I already feel insecure.
    :console: You'll grow taller someday...... shorty
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Unsurprisingly I say the exact same thing to everyone who is shorter than me... even by a few cm :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    My huge underbite (14 mm, about 0.55 inches). Whenever I talk, people see a flash of that thing-it bothers me.

ReputationRep:
    insecure about life, career, the point
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm insecure about my immigration status here in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Me weight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone so much as shoots me a glance for a second I habe a breakdown and rush to the nearest mirror.

ReputationRep:
    I have unilateral hearing loss and have been 'half-deaf' since birth (no idea what the cause was) although it doesn't really bother me. What does annoy me is people often speak to me on my deaf side without realising and as I can't hear them, I feel as though they think I'm super rude. There's this older woman at my work who has had to shout for me to hear her on several occasions, it's so embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    Looking younger than I am, especially as my boyfriend is significantly older than me (although he doesn't look his age either)

ReputationRep:
    My thick eyebrows which I'm starting to embrace.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so this is a really long one. I struggle with pretty much everything about myself and worry that I'm not good enough at anything. I'm the decent looking girl with decent grades who goes to a decent university (although I was capable of a lot better ie. Durham, which hurts every day of my life) and I'll probably get a decent job and so on. I think it's the grammar school complex which means that I am always putting myself down and comparing myself to the really exceptional people in my year. I am extremely depressed, which has affected my work and meant that I haven't achieved what I have been capable of since year 10. I'm hoping that I can get over this in my second and third years at uni and be able to turn it around and go to a much better institution at Masters level, but I doubt it. I'm just an average waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nesgul)
    Ok, so this is a really long one. I struggle with pretty much everything about myself and worry that I'm not good enough at anything. I'm the decent looking girl with decent grades who goes to a decent (although I was capable of a lot better ie. Durham, which hurts every day of my life) and I'll probably get a decent job and so on. I think it's the grammar school complex which means that I am always putting myself down and comparing myself to the really exceptional people in my year. I am extremely depressed, which has affected my work and meant that I haven't achieved what I have been capable of since year 10. I'm hoping that I can get over this in my second and third years at uni and be able to turn it around and go to a much better institution at Masters , but I doubt it. I'm just an average waste of space.
    I completely understand, I've always had average grades and an average life and looks overall which sometimes brings me down. You have to remember to stop comparing yourself to other people and instead focus on achieving your goals, no matter how extreme - which will then make you happy. Yes maybe you could've gone to a better university, but what if you did the best in your degree? There's a lot of things that can compensate for what you've missed out on, and then, in the end, you'll find yourself with the same opportunities you would've had if you took a different path. There are also people with the same ideas and goals as you who probably have had even less opportunities and a worse education, so in a lot of ways you're very lucky. But yeah, comparing ourselves to others is something that I think everyone struggles with and is the root cause of most insecurities best of luck to you x

ReputationRep:
    I hate it how my spoken English is a mix of different American accents I heard whilst growing up watching US television.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.