Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The fact that people on have TSR flirting/relationships shows... (LOL) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    How far society has fallen.

I just saw a thread where a girl was talking about how she's found a new 'bae' (on TSR).

Imagine that. There are actually guys that desperate they will message daily a girl they've never met or seen, just in the hope of getting something. There are girls that crave attention so much that they encourage these guys to do that.

Are you that socially inept you are unable to have functioning relationships with other people in real life?

Such is life.
    Typical 21st Century Western Man

ReputationRep:
    A higher concentration of anti social rotters?
    lol

(Original post by Biryani007)
    TSR relatioships are #goals :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Biri will you go out with me? <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Sign of the times. People connect more and more via the internet, hence meeting through dating sites or anywhere else where there's a chance to talk to someone and get to know them. Likewise via the internet you have the opposite end of the spectrum, apps like Tinder that are based ENTIRELY on looks first as opposed to communication.

Get over it OP, move with the times.
    Then you end up with a generation of people who forget how to communicate in person and end up making countless anon threads on 'should I talk to her'..'she took an hour to reply, does she like me?'...'Omg he only put two kisses after I had just put 3?'

No. There are those of us that 'refuse to move with the times' because we make an effort to maintain a physical presence through real interactions with other human beings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Sign of the times. People connect more and more via the internet, hence meeting through dating sites or anywhere else where there's a chance to talk to someone and get to know them. Likewise via the internet you have the opposite end of the spectrum, apps like Tinder that are based ENTIRELY on looks first as opposed to communication.

Get over it OP, move with the times.
    That is 1 upside I suppose. It's pretty much completely done on personality, to start with at least.

ReputationRep:
    How far society has fallen.

I just saw a thread where a girl was talking about how she's found a new 'bae' (on TSR).

Imagine that. There are actually guys that desperate they will message daily a girl they've never met or seen, just in the hope of getting something. There are girls that crave attention so much that they encourage these guys to do that.

Are you that socially inept you are unable to have functioning relationships with other people in real life?

Such is life.

this just made me amped for holograms now :rofl:

(Wells hologram phones ) Don't ask :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$aprocky)
    But you met awesomegenius, hes just awesome mate. Im specifically addressing people who actively search for love on TSR
    That's true :love:

I miss him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Typical 21st Century Western Man

misc brahs representing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    I met my boyfriend on TSR. Why is it any different than Twitter tbh?
    well isnt this interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    well isnt this interesting.
    Don't start on this again H.

I'm sorry I wasn't straight with you okay?

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Then you end up with a generation of people who forget how to communicate in person and end up making countless anon threads on 'should I talk to her'..'she took an hour to reply, does she like me?'...'Omg he only put two kisses after I had just put 3?'

No. There are those of us that 'refuse to move with the times' because we make an effort to maintain a physical presence through real interactions with other human beings.
    Except this notion that no one communicates is a flawed one. People do communicate just via different means. Now, I draw the line (And thus I'm inclined to agree with you) that solely online relationships where there's no meeting the other in person is...not a relationship in my eyes. And I do favour the 'Just talk to them' approach as you advocate (As opposed to constantly worrying over whether you should talk to them).

But I fail to see the issue with two people meeting online, meeting in person and continuing forward with a relationship. People will meet where there's a medium of communication to get to know one another, irrespective of the means.

ReputationRep:
    Don't start on this again H.

I'm sorry I wasn't straight with you okay?
    id suggest to ease it, otherwise ill make a thread on here tomorrow or day after so people know the ACTUAL truth. stop phoning me as well. cant get that ****ing image of you know what out my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    Yes, society has fallen from the days when people used to marry someone their parents had chosen for them at age 13.

And how I miss the days of walking on the moors in isolation before returning home to read a book by the fire before being proposed to by the only man in a 15 mile radius.
    Lol gurl on fiyah tonight!! :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    id suggest to ease it, otherwise ill make a thread on here tomorrow or day after so people know the ACTUAL truth. stop phoning me as well. cant get that ****ing image of you know what out my head.
    right. firstly, it was an accident. Secondly, he will be pissed off if you do that and as far as I know it's only me you have the problem with?

I've started admitting that it's a thing irl anyway.

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    Biri will you go out with me? <3
    You asked me out a while ago and I said yes, silly! We're about to hit the two month mark where we have our first skype date...ilysm bae <333333333

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    You asked me out a while ago and I said yes, silly! We're about to hit the two month mark where we have our first skype date...ilysm bae <333333333
    Everytime I see you I fall in love with all over again, you're the straw to my berry. Happy early 2 month anniversary babes:kiss: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    That's true :love:

I miss him.
    Just remember, he's saving lives out there. (srs, doctors are just the best people)

ReputationRep:
    The irony is the people that I speak of in the OP are now having one of their circle jerk sessions in my thread. fuk off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A$aprocky)
    Just remember, he's saving lives out there. (srs, doctors are just the best people)
    but he is in India rn and he's already asleep so I have to contend with being awake with zero contact

but ye when he's here he saves lives- it's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    The irony is the people that I speak of in the OP are now having one of their circle jerk sessions in my thread. fuk off.
    :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.