Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The fact that people on have TSR flirting/relationships shows... (LOL) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    You cannot help yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Are they though? I'm sure throughout time there's always been people who have been a bit awkward about it/shy/socially inept/who fear the opposite sex/whatever you want to call it. I think it's not so much people forgetting, more a case that those who previously stood no chance now have an opportunity or platform to meet someone via something that isn't so direct. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: And of course, the internet means you hear a lot more from such people as you would've in the past (Those lamenting their relationship woes I mean).
    It's not necessarily a bad thing. But it doesn't address the core of the problem. If you see no reason to address that problem, then it's not necessarily a bad thing, sure.

(Original post by Unistudent77)
    True but surely most of the 'dating' in the early stages is to workout what type of person someone is, their goals, outlook on life, aspirations, religious attitude, career aims, kids?, sex etc etc. That can all be done and more virtually or through text.I think it depends on how mature the people in question are, how serious are they, how compatible are they? etc etc but I see no reason why it can't work...What is any different about seeing a girl at a party, saying a few words and adding her on FB and then texting etc planning on meeting up? a very brief encounter in person, that's all.

Why would you want to do all of that through text? One of the most magical parts of a first date or first meeting with somebody is the initial body language, their mannerisms, the build up of chemistry, the flirting etc. (Sure, it can go both ways). When/if I go on a first date, the initial topics of conversation won't be as intense as their goals, outlook on life, aspirations, religious attitude, career, aims, kids. That's a bit too deep for me. For me, the purpose of a first date is to just be with the person. Who cares what you talk about? Enjoy it. Look into eachothers eyes. Be a little bit awkward. Be cheeky. The deeper stuff comes later. This is just my personal preference to how I approach a date. If somebody fires off all these deep questions, it either means they're trying to sort of filter me against a checklist of theirs, or they don't really know how to have relaxed conversation.

If you see a girl at a party, why not say more than just a few words? Then again, different person, different approaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I think I speak for everyone when I say we will all rep you if you promptly spill said beans :holmes:

Everyone loves gossip :awesome:
    There isn't much to say and also it's not really relevant to anyone else because the reason H is annoyed is because of something personal between the three of us. And then an accidental picture was sent into the wrong conversation and now it's just escalated.

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    I met my boyfriend on TSR. Why is it any different than Twitter tbh?
    Boyfriend? Boyfriend? Since when?

ReputationRep:
    I just sharpened my social skills by watching Fresh Meat. Now I know how I'm supposed to behave amongst my real life peers and will never need the Internet again.

:cyber:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There isn't much to say and also it's not really relevant to anyone else because the reason H is annoyed is because of something personal between the three of us. And then an accidental picture was sent into the wrong conversation and now it's just escalated.
    I don't know who you are referring to when you say the three of us, or who H is (but assume it is the person above). I do know that gossip of this sort is at minimum a brief distraction so I am happy to incite them to share.

Sending pictures to the wrong person is certainly embarrassing, but there must be more to it than that for somebody to care. If you fail to placate them they might post the picture.

ReputationRep:
    This thread took an interesting turn

ReputationRep:
    OP, you gotto admit this just got juicy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    This thread took an interesting turn
    I have popcorn.

ReputationRep:
    lol AG (don't know his name) sent a **** pic to welcomeib also known as Henry who fancies Emily (etherealworld), and AG's hairy balls were just an added insult to the emotional injury. Henry hoped for a steamy threesome, but you don't always get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I have popcorn.
    I got ice cream. I'll just sit here and err..wait.

I'm still in shock.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who you are referring to when you say the three of us, or who H is (but assume it is the person above). I do know that gossip of this sort is at minimum a brief distraction so I am happy to incite them to share.

Sending pictures to the wrong person is certainly embarrassing, but there must be more to it than that for somebody to care. If you fail to placate them they might post the picture.
    H is welcometoib
    The other person is Awesome Genius

Dealing with it. No more on here rn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    x
    Hi
    Slide into my PMs :reel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrownedGod)
    lol AG (don't know his name) sent a **** pic to welcomeib also known as Henry who fancies Emily (etherealworld), and AG's hairy balls were just an added insult to the emotional injury. Henry hoped for a steamy threesome, but you don't always get what you want.
    Sweet Jesus.

This is the best thread ever. richpanda you've created a beast.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. keep going. im going to call "lion" on you pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    None of this is real?? You're all in on a big joke right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I have popcorn.
    Thanks for sharing... We definitely need it now after the recent revelation :eek: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    LOL. keep going. im going to call "lion" on you pretty soon.
    It's just *****y that you've done this when you know he is asleep and you cba to sort it out with him so you brought it onto TSR. Can't believe we were friends in the first place tbh.

Disclaimer: This conversation/exchange isn't serious.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    H is welcometoib
    The other person is Awesome Genius

Dealing with it. No more on here rn.
    To be fair, I am a big fan from his time in Steps.

From reading the above I'm amused, and do not think for a second that the pic was accidentally sent to him at all.

AG marking his territory :lol:

This is so derpy.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I am a big fan from his time in Steps.

From reading the above I'm amused, and do not think for a second that the pic was accidentally sent to him at all.

AG marking his territory :lol:

This is so derpy.
    :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.