Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by theswan984)
    Yeah it's unconditional as I've already done my a levels. I think they automatically put everyone who's doing something like nursing or midwifery in non catered accommodation and I think each halls is either completely catered or completely non catered
    That's really good :-) And that's really helpful to know xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Keele at the moment doing a foundation year and get to do freshers all over again next year! I'll be studying Human Geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemxn)
    I'm at Keele at the moment doing a foundation year and get to do freshers all over again next year! I'll be studying Human Geography
    What grades did you get offered, once you had firmed/insurance? and what grades did you end up getting to get into the foundation?
    Thinking of firming a foundation but don't know what grades they are likely to set considering the 'entry requirements' were very low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomasio)
    What grades did you get offered, once you had firmed/insurance? and what grades did you end up getting to get into the foundation?
    Thinking of firming a foundation but don't know what grades they are likely to set considering the 'entry requirements' were very low.
    I firmed Keele after receiving an unconditional offer (and so were most of my friends offers) but I'm pretty sure you only need 160 ucas points to get onto it. I actually ended up with less ucas points than that so it's a good job it was unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemxn)
    I firmed Keele after receiving an unconditional offer (and so were most of my friends offers) but I'm pretty sure you only need 160 ucas points to get onto it. I actually ended up with less ucas points than that so it's a good job it was unconditional!
    Ok, thanks!!
    Did you only take 2 a levels or something or just flop? who cares, you made it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomasio)
    Ok, thanks!!
    Did you only take 2 a levels or something or just flop? who cares, you made it anyway.
    Yeah only took 2 because my sixth form screwed me over The foundation year has been a bit tedious at times but I'd rather do the foundation year than spend another year at sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemxn)
    Yeah only took 2 because my sixth form screwed me over The foundation year has been a bit tedious at times but I'd rather do the foundation year than spend another year at sixth form
    do you know what grades people who were getting in with conditional offers got in with? just asking because it would help me out a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hi guys!

Are any of you definitely starting at Keele University in September? What are you going to study? I'm going to be studying BSc Geoscience

I made this thread so that future Keele students can share their interests and ambitions, and hopefully we can get to know each other a bit before starting
    Yep! Decided to take my unconditional to study MMath just reduce exam stress... I was a mess last summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcthorpe)
    Yep! Decided to take my unconditional to study MMath just reduce exam stress... I was a mess last summer.
    Yeah that's the good thing about unconditionals, they take the pressure off! Have you applied for your accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Yeah that's the good thing about unconditionals, they take the pressure off! Have you applied for your accommodation yet?
    Yeah I did it the other day:
    1st Choice: Premier Flat Band C
    2nd Choice: Shared Flat Band C
    3rd Choice: 40 Week Without Basin Band A

Can't wait. Out of all my friends I'm the odd one who can't wait to live independently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcthorpe)
    Yeah I did it the other day:
    1st Choice: Premier Flat Band C
    2nd Choice: Shared Flat Band C
    3rd Choice: 40 Week Without Basin Band A

Can't wait. Out of all my friends I'm the odd one who can't wait to live independently...
    Awesome! I have premier flats as my first choice too. I'm looking forward to living independently as well, I think it will be a good experience

ReputationRep:
    Meee! I will be doing MA History!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'll probably end up firming Keele next week once I've attended the open day, I have an unconditional offer for Biology. I'm a mature student looking to live off campus so if anyone's interested in potentially buddying up then give me a shout!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzov97)
    Hey sorry to interrupt but could you send me your list as well? haha 🙈
    Sure! Here it is
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx University packing list (self-catered).docx (23.0 KB, 77 views)

ReputationRep:
    Btw i will be studying forensic science and I have a conditional offer!
    Does anyone know the first day we get to the university we can bring our suitcases and stuff to settle in?
    Thanks ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the first day we get to the university we can bring our suitcases and stuff to settle in?
    Thanks ☺️
    Awesome! I have an unconditional offer for Geoscience

My understanding is that when we get our accommodation offers, we'll also be given a moving in date when we can move in with all our stuff

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ☺️
    Saturday 24th September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemxn)
    Saturday 24th September
    For international students is 20th tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemxn)
    Saturday 24th September
    May I ask where you got that date from? I've been trying to find out when we get to move in but I can't seem to find any info!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 20.55.16.png
Views: 187
Size:  11.5 KB

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.