Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the least amount of sleep u could survive on longterm? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    once i was going bed earliest 2-3 am and latest 5:30am while waking up at 7:15am for about two months, i functioned well but i was falling asleep a lot in lessons haha

ReputationRep:
    3hrs. I sleep 4-5hrs on weekdays.

ReputationRep:
    4 hrs i usually get 6 hrs of sleep

ReputationRep:
    Could probably survive on 4 hours a day for a month

I could go no sleep for a few odd nights. But in general about 2-5 hours.

ReputationRep:
    i get less than 4 hours sleep every night.... I have somniphobia and I wish I could get more sleep bc i know it's not healthy but I can't help it.

I often fall asleep when i get home from school, unplanned, then wake up again in the evening. This happens several times a week. I guess it's my lack of sleep catching up with me. Also I can never do anything after school except laying in bed on my phone or watching tv. During the day however I'm quite lively and awake.

I did four hours a night long term - something like six years - when I was at college. I was fine at the time but then once I finished I came down with severe fatigue. These days I do best at about six hours.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Souljer)
    For example could you fully function sleeping 4hrs pet night for a whole month? These days I need 6 at an absolute minimum to function and even then I wont be fully functional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the person, I did my GCSEs on 4 hours sleep, so that's 3 months. I'm not a good example, as I have undiagnosed narcolepsy with cataplexy (The cataplexy cannot be anything else) so I sleep for at least 2 hours during the day anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I need 9/10, any less and I'm a big fan from Singapore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the rep Ishea16, finally made 1000 rep!

ReputationRep:
    6 hours, but it would be brutal unless conditions were otherwise A1 optimal :erm:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.