My uni isn't on the dropdown list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    My uni isn't on the dropdown list!
    What's your uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    What's your uni?
    SAE - media university. It's got 4 campuses in the UK alone.

ReputationRep:
    SAE - media university. It's got 4 campuses in the UK alone.
    Can you link me to their homepage please? Is it http://www.sae.edu/gbr/?

ReputationRep:
    Can you link me to their homepage please? Is it http://www.sae.edu/gbr/?
    That's the one.

ReputationRep:
    That's the one.
    Scroll to the bottom of that page and read the small print. It's part of Middlesex university. The Wikipedia page further confirms this by stating that it only offers Middlesex awards and the degrees are validated by Middlesex university.

ReputationRep:
    Scroll to the bottom of that page and read the small print. It's part of Middlesex university. The Wikipedia page further confirms this by stating that it only offers Middlesex awards and the degrees are validated by Middlesex university.
    It's not part of Middlesex Uni - it's partnered with Middlesex. It cannot award degrees on its own so it has to use a uni to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    It's not part of Middlesex Uni - it's partnered with Middlesex. It cannot award degrees on its own so it has to use a uni to do so.
    Hmmm, I'm not too sure on the precise definition of a partnered university, but surely a university that cannot award degrees by itself is not a university in its own right?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I'm not too sure on the precise definition of a partnered university, but surely a university that cannot award degrees by itself is not a university in its own right?
    Not really - I believe all private institutions (unis) cannot award degrees under law.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Not really - I believe all private institutions (unis) cannot award degrees under law.
    Buckingham?

ReputationRep:
    It's not part of middlesex university, it runs a middlesex validated course, for its UK courses.

ReputationRep:
    Guildhall is private.

And SAE, on some campuses, also awards its own degrees. It just so happens to run a middlesex validated course on some other campuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Buckingham?
    True... Turns out there are 5 exemptions - Buckingham University, the College of Law, IFS School of Finance, Ashridge Business School and BPP University College (the last was the first for profit institution to be granted degree-awarding powers.)

I know that the College of the Humanities (or whatever it's called) relies on a third-party institution too.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I'm not here to argue "how credible my uni is". That's a Oxford vs Oxford brookes debate. I'm just saying, it's a student forum, and SAE is a university with lots of students, studying various degrees, and it isn't on the list

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.