Spotlight: Rate Your Uni - Uni Missing

My uni isn't on the dropdown list!
Original post by XMaramena
My uni isn't on the dropdown list!

What's your uni?
Reply 2
Original post by Keyhofi
What's your uni?

SAE - media university. It's got 4 campuses in the UK alone.
SAE - media university. It's got 4 campuses in the UK alone.

Can you link me to their homepage please? Is it http://www.sae.edu/gbr/?
Reply 4
Original post by Keyhofi
Can you link me to their homepage please? Is it http://www.sae.edu/gbr/?

That's the one.
That's the one.

Scroll to the bottom of that page and read the small print. It's part of Middlesex university. The Wikipedia page further confirms this by stating that it only offers Middlesex awards and the degrees are validated by Middlesex university.
Reply 6
Original post by Keyhofi
Scroll to the bottom of that page and read the small print. It's part of Middlesex university. The Wikipedia page further confirms this by stating that it only offers Middlesex awards and the degrees are validated by Middlesex university.

It's not part of Middlesex Uni - it's partnered with Middlesex. It cannot award degrees on its own so it has to use a uni to do so.
Original post by *Stefan*
It's not part of Middlesex Uni - it's partnered with Middlesex. It cannot award degrees on its own so it has to use a uni to do so.

Hmmm, I'm not too sure on the precise definition of a partnered university, but surely a university that cannot award degrees by itself is not a university in its own right?
Reply 8
Original post by Keyhofi
Hmmm, I'm not too sure on the precise definition of a partnered university, but surely a university that cannot award degrees by itself is not a university in its own right?

Not really - I believe all private institutions (unis) cannot award degrees under law.
Reply 9
Not really - I believe all private institutions (unis) cannot award degrees under law.

Buckingham?
Reply 10
It's not part of middlesex university, it runs a middlesex validated course, for its UK courses.
Reply 11

Guildhall is private.

And SAE, on some campuses, also awards its own degrees. It just so happens to run a middlesex validated course on some other campuses.
Reply 12
Original post by jneill
Buckingham?

True... Turns out there are 5 exemptions - Buckingham University, the College of Law, IFS School of Finance, Ashridge Business School and BPP University College (the last was the first for profit institution to be granted degree-awarding powers.)

I know that the College of the Humanities (or whatever it's called) relies on a third-party institution too.
Reply 13
Anyway, I'm not here to argue "how credible my uni is". That's a Oxford vs Oxford brookes debate. I'm just saying, it's a student forum, and SAE is a university with lots of students, studying various degrees, and it isn't on the list :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest