Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey all

    So, ill be a mature student which will hopefully lead me to become a radiographer

    However at the moment it feels like I'm banging my head against a wall

    I keep getting conflicting information, for example

    To do the higher access I've been told I need GCSE in maths, English and science of C or above (which I'm checking my grades). Checked this by phone
    But the website says maths and English only

    Then I know someone who's doing the same course to go onto radiography and is doing the higher access course in science healthcare but again the website says that chemistry is needed

    So the higher access should be science chemistry and biology according to the web. Not healthcare

    So then I ring Exeter uni to find the entry requirements.

    Got told to email the higher access module to them so it can be checked to make sure it's the right one

    So as you can see, I'm lost and confused by it all

    Any advice?

    Are you confusing the entry for the Access course with the entry for University? so for example do you require just maths and English GCSE for the Access course, yet the University insists on the Access course + maths, English and science GCSE for example?

    Which college for Access and which Access course?
    Which universities for Radiography? (wouldn't recommend only applying to one)

    They are really confusing.
    The website for my college says you NEED maths and english gcse at C or above, but when I attended the open day they weren't too bothered, and said you could sit one alongside the course.
    Have you been in, or just spoken to someone on the phone? They seem to give mixed messages so it's best to see someone in person.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.