Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

So, ill be a mature student which will hopefully lead me to become a radiographer

However at the moment it feels like I'm banging my head against a wall

I keep getting conflicting information, for example

To do the higher access I've been told I need GCSE in maths, English and science of C or above (which I'm checking my grades). Checked this by phone
    But the website says maths and English only

Then I know someone who's doing the same course to go onto radiography and is doing the higher access course in science healthcare but again the website says that chemistry is needed

So the higher access should be science chemistry and biology according to the web. Not healthcare

So then I ring Exeter uni to find the entry requirements.

Got told to email the higher access module to them so it can be checked to make sure it's the right one

So as you can see, I'm lost and confused by it all

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Are you confusing the entry for the Access course with the entry for University? so for example do you require just maths and English GCSE for the Access course, yet the University insists on the Access course + maths, English and science GCSE for example?

Which college for Access and which Access course?
    Which universities for Radiography? (wouldn't recommend only applying to one)

ReputationRep:
    They are really confusing.
    The website for my college says you NEED maths and english gcse at C or above, but when I attended the open day they weren't too bothered, and said you could sit one alongside the course.
    Have you been in, or just spoken to someone on the phone? They seem to give mixed messages so it's best to see someone in person.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.