Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had a look through both universities, I've seen loughborough in person, and the uni is amazing, the campus to the sports to the engineering course! (My offer is quite high but very achievable.)

I haven't seen Uni of Nottingham in person, but I've done a lot of background research on the uni, and it is proving to be successful university, and its stats are impressive as loughborough. (My offer is low with Nottingham.)

My issue is deciding which uni to study Mech Engineering? people are saying loughborough because it's a lot better plus they have better industrial links than Nottingham. People are saying Nottingham, cause their quality teaching is better and facilities are much better than loughborough's! Can someone help me? Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gucciwolf)
    I've had a look through both universities, I've seen loughborough in person, and the uni is amazing, the campus to the sports to the engineering course! (My offer is quite high but very achievable.)

I haven't seen Uni of Nottingham in person, but I've done a lot of background research on the uni, and it is proving to be successful university, and its stats are impressive as loughborough. (My offer is low with Nottingham.)

My issue is deciding which uni to study Mech Engineering? people are saying loughborough because it's a lot better plus they have better industrial links than Nottingham. People are saying Nottingham, cause their quality teaching is better and facilities are much better than loughborough's! Can someone help me? Please
    visit both unis on their open day and see which you'd feel comfortable in. Both are midlands unis so you will have a great social life at which ever you choose lol. But I think Nottingham may be slightly better in terms of that aspect (its got a very high student population, the city itself is basically student central etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmy15)
    visit both unis on their open day and see which you'd feel comfortable in. Both are midlands unis so you will have a great social life at which ever you choose lol. But I think Nottingham may be slightly better in terms of that aspect (its got a very high student population, the city itself is basically student central etc)

Thanks! I checked their open days nottingham is all the way in june, and i have till 4th of may to make my decision on uni choices lol, so its quite a gamble atm
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gucciwolf)
    Thanks! I checked their open days nottingham is all the way in june, and i have till 4th of may to make my decision on uni choices lol, so its quite a gamble atm
    Hi gucciwolf

Great that you are considering us

If you have any questions about studying/living in Loughborough just ask.

Amy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.