Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

So basically, I need to get my car insured but the place I live is very expensive, the quotes come up to £3k+ which is absolutely ridiculous.

Is it possible for me to give a wrong address within the same city so the prices come down to £1K or so which is much affordable. Then after phone them and say I've moved houses and tell them my current address.

Can this possibly be done? And would there be any sort of change of address fee?

Please answer

ReputationRep:
    No. This is fraud.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert at cheating the insurance system, but i'm pretty sure that if you change address soon after you've made the insurance they'll just change the amount you have to pay back up to what it should be at your real address

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if someone hits your parked car while it's outside your real home and claim through insurance you're basically in a mess if your address is wrong.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.