Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Failed once for a reason that loads of people, including driving instructors, called "RIDICULOUS" on.

Then DSA cancelled me 4 times in a row.

Finally passed. 1 minor which I wouldn't count as a minor - it was one of those "the book says you're wrong, but driving in real life says you're right" things.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    well done

although what was the minor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    well done

although what was the minor?
    The fail was me just driving down the A1 at 70 in the left hand lane. young kid in a hot hatch comes up my back end doing a ludicrous speed, and jerks out to overtake me. I was failed for holding up another driver, the examiner said I should have swerved into the hard shoulder to avoid a collision. Doesn't matter what the speed limit is, matters what the other person is doing.The minor was me going to turn right off a single carriageway main road - had a turning box thingy in the middle of the road. There was a combine harvester coming towards me that I had to give way to, so I gave it room to get past before turning in. The examiner gave me a minor for my left side wheels still being outside the box. I reckon if I'd have gone inside the box, he'd have failed me to failing to give way :PSometimes you can't win!Extra note, he tried to fail me at the end, saying that I'd been speeding on the dual carriageway when it was a 40 limit. I explained that on those roads, I enabled cruise control and sat at bang on 39, so he reluctantly passed me.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.