Is it worth the time getting a job right now? Watch

vca
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So my 7 A-Level exams are from 14th of June to 22nd of June.
However is it worth getting a new job so close to exams for holiday/summer/uni money? I know I should be revising but just want advice.
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. Concentrate on your A levels. Work afterwards.
UnknownAnon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vca)
However is it worth getting a new job so close to exams for holiday/summer/uni money? I know I should be revising but just want advice.
I started working in January for 21 hours a week and I'm starting to regret it now because of how much it takes away from my revision time. Get a job after your exams. Not before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vca)
If you think you can cope with a job, or you get a job that allows you to lower your hours around exam time, then go for it.
If you arent sure if you can cope, then wait until afterwards.
I must say that as long as you balance your time, you should be fine. I worked all the way through 6th form and college and it worked out fine.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UnknownAnon)
I started working in January for 21 hours a week and I'm starting to regret it now because of how much it takes away from my revision time. Get a job after your exams. Not before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is a lot of hours to be doing alongside your a-levels though. Most people dont do that many.
Is there any chance of reducing your hours? (at least running up to exams or something)
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Report 2 years ago
Depends if you need high grades and wherebaouts you are in getting them . Tbh id focus on exams, but if you need money irgently then maybe.
Why not line a job up for a week after then end of your exams?
vca
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Depends if you need high grades and wherebaouts you are in getting them . Tbh id focus on exams, but if you need money irgently then maybe.
Why not line a job up for a week after then end of your exams?
Yeah currently predicted 3A*s in Maths, Chemistry and Economics and I need A*AA to get into Bristol. I know A*s are still going to need work to achieve.

The money would just be needed as spending money for a holiday with friends the week after exams finish, so I guess it's important but not extremely urgent. Really annoying how I spent months applying for jobs and they've only just got back to me close to exams
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vca)
Yeah currently predicted 3A*s in Maths, Chemistry and Economics and I need A*AA to get into Bristol. I know A*s are still going to need work to achieve.

The money would just be needed as spending money for a holiday with friends the week after exams finish, so I guess it's important but not extremely urgent. Really annoying how I spent months applying for jobs and they've only just got back to me close to exams
Tbh id just work hard on exams. These affect many years whereas a holiday is much more short term. Only if you feel you have it under control. Dont overreach.
vca
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Tbh id just work hard on exams. These affect many years whereas a holiday is much more short term. Only if you feel you have it under control. Dont overreach.
thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed