The Student Room Group

Interesting question

If somebody could save your life, how much money would you be willing to give them? For me that would be a whole lot. In fact, potentially my whole savings and then some. OK so now, different scenario. Somebody just saved your life, how much money are you willing to give them? Now it changes, I'd give them some money but not nearly as much as before. Can somebody explain why this is? I kinda know but i cant put it in words. Leave your explanations below :smile:
If somebody could save your life; is this dependent on how much money you give them? As in do they have the choice to save your life or not?
Original post by nhtw
If somebody could save your life, how much money would you be willing to give them? For me that would be a whole lot. In fact, potentially my whole savings and then some.

In this case, you can (kind of) control the outcome. In your mind, (and maybe theirs), the more you pay, the higher the chances of them saving you so you feel like you should pay as much as possible i.e you whole life savings and then some

Original post by nhtw
OK so now, different scenario. Somebody just saved your life, how much money are you willing to give them? Now it changes, I'd give them some money but not nearly as much as before. Can somebody explain why this is? I kinda know but i cant put it in words. Leave your explanations below :smile:

In this case however, they have already saved you, you did not really have control of the outcome meaning you (may) seem less obliged to pay your life savings since it has already happened.

Thats what I reckon anyways :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest