Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got these uni offer but is hard to firm a decision among them. Lancaster overall ranking is highest but law subject is not good as overall. Many rumor about their ranking is only supported by student's unrealistic good comments. York and Leeds are RG members and do have good reputation. I like problem learning base studying style but unfamiliar with this new learning method. Leeds may be more traditional. In fact, night life is not my concern because I just come from a quiet place. Anyone give me some advice will be highly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    York > Leeds >>> Lancaster in my honest opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Stefan, but can you state your reasons why you recommend me to choose Lancaster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clevermaster)
    Thanks Stefan, but can you state your reasons why you recommend me to choose Lancaster?
    He said you should choose York. What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh sorry, I misunderstanding the sign of >>>,

ReputationRep:
    Out of those, OP, I'd choose based on which location I liked most. Personally that would probably lead me to York.

ReputationRep:
    York, Leeds/Lancaster.

I won't use the signs as you'll misinterpret them. So OP I would pick York.

ReputationRep:
    I got these uni offer but is hard to firm a decision among them. Lancaster overall ranking is highest but law subject is not good as overall. Many rumor about their ranking is only supported by student's unrealistic good comments. York and Leeds are RG members and do have good reputation. I like problem learning base studying style but unfamiliar with this new learning method. Leeds may be more traditional. In fact, night life is not my concern because I just come from a quiet place. Anyone give me some advice will be highly appreciated.
    I think you should go with York as your firm.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all opinion but I want to know why all believe York is the best. Only because their law ranking 12th or any other reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all opinion but I want to know why all believe York is the best. Only because their law ranking 12th or any other reasons?
    The city is wonderful. Nice ancient buildings, good shops and eateries. Northern spirit with a little bit of bourgeois self-respect. Leeds is dreadful as a city -- one of the worst I've been to. Lancaster -- I'd disregard for the number of law firms who don't attend the careers fair.

It's not all about ranking, which does make York the most appealing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.