Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am having a difficult time choosing my optional modules for my final year.
    I'm allowed to choose 4 and i've narrowed the options that i am most interested in down to the following.

-MACHINE LEARNING
    -LANGUAGE, DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION (compiler construction)
    -COMPUTER SECURITY
    -ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
    -DATA MINING
    -NEURAL NETWORKS
    -DATA COMPRESSION
    -PHYSICAL COMPUTING

I want to choose modules that are most relevant and employable. However, i don't want to choose a combination
    of 4 that will be extremely difficult.

My main request:
    Please rank these options 1-8 by employability/relevancy then also rank them 1-8 by difficulty. Feel free to
    justify your rankings.

Any kind of other information is appreciated. e.g which modules i should absolutely take. which combination would be far
    too difficult etc.

ReputationRep:
    Proposed solutions to your question will be extremely subjective. Would help those in the know (not me!) if you gave an idea of what your interests lie, what related modules you've performed well in so far, maybe the university as the content will vary depending on where you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarehouseCat)
    I am having a difficult time choosing my optional modules for my final year.
    I'm allowed to choose 4 and i've narrowed the options that i am most interested in down to the following.

-MACHINE LEARNING
    -LANGUAGE, DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION (compiler construction)
    -COMPUTER SECURITY
    -ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
    -DATA MINING
    -NEURAL NETWORKS
    -DATA COMPRESSION
    -PHYSICAL COMPUTING

I want to choose modules that are most relevant and employable. However, i don't want to choose a combination
    of 4 that will be extremely difficult.

My main request:
    Please rank these options 1-8 by employability/relevancy then also rank them 1-8 by difficulty. Feel free to
    justify your rankings.

Any kind of other information is appreciated. e.g which modules i should absolutely take. which combination would be far
    too difficult etc.
    I personally would choose Machine Leanring, Data mining, AI, Neural networks. The field of AI is getting big and is extremely useful in all industries finance, robotics, etc, that will make you very employable providing you do well. All of those modules also link well together neural networks is basically artificial intelligence, and data mining goes well with machine Leanring

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.