Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what combination of subjects for A levels would be the best for studying French and Business management at university? N.B: I will not be taking any sciences.....
    So please base your recommendations on other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dishant sipani)
    what combination of subjects for A levels would be the best for studying French and Business management at university? N.B: I will not be taking any sciences.....
    So please base your recommendations on other subjects.
    Hi,
    Currently studying A2, I remember spending a significant amount of time deciding on which A-Level subjects would be best for University. I also want to study Business at University, but because you are looking to study French and Business Management, the clear subjects would be French and Business, and perhaps also Geography. The reason I suggest Geography is because there are close links between Business and Geography, particularly in Demographics. Also Geography is good for gaining knowledge of various countries and continents, including France, which would give you an advantage at University.

Good Luck
    TornadoLord125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoLord125)
    Hi,
    Currently studying A2, I remember spending a significant amount of time deciding on which A-Level subjects would be best for University. I also want to study Business at University, but because you are looking to study French and Business Management, the clear subjects would be French and Business, and perhaps also Geography. The reason I suggest Geography is because there are close links between Business and Geography, particularly in Demographics. Also Geography is good for gaining knowledge of various countries and continents, including France, which would give you an advantage at University.

Good Luck
    TornadoLord125
    Yeah even I was thinking about taking geography as it seems interesting and is considered to be rewarding. Also,please advice on my AS selection.....should I consider doing AS math? Do you think my uni application will look more attractive??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dishant sipani)
    Yeah even I was thinking about taking geography as it seems interesting and is considered to be rewarding. Also,please advice on my AS selection.....should I consider doing AS math? Do you think my uni application will look more attractive??
    Hi,
    Glad to hear that you are thinking of doing Geography, it will really benefit you!! In relation to AS Maths it really is not worth putting yourself through the stress, especially as unless you want to be an accountant, then you don't need A-Level maths, I am going on to study Business at University, and received offers without Maths, it's up to you, but it really isn't necessary. Doing any A-Level will always look good on an Application Form, and most importantly the 'Personal Statement'.
    Any other questions, feel free to let me know about A-Level subjects

Good Luck
    TornadoLord125

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.