ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Islam hates gays, it is not a secret.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did Islam become a human being?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Lol that's because regarding bombings and women nothing has been written in the Qur'aan like you expressed. I feel sorry for you bc the media has really got to your head.

Debating happens when one does not insult another so, cleary you've lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Didn't research very hard there did you. Besides, none of your 'points' refute that Islam is a cancer.

Plus, I never said those things were written in the Quran.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did only human beings have feelings? You speciesist

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me rephrase it to help you understand, it a has a doctrine of persecuting homosexuals and non-believers . Happy now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    Systematic racism perpetuated by inflammatory media outlets. Combined with the fact that the defence spending of the UK and US is so high that the idea of a civilian population even existing is highly debatable.
    Yes, it's all about us.

If you wish to be spanked for being naughty I suggest you go to a brothel.

If you do not wish to deal with the realisties of global Jihadism then feel free to ignore it but don't seek to deflect any criticism by claiming racism for the reporting of mass murder by religious fascists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mightybis0n)
    Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Didn't research very hard there did you. Besides, none of your 'points' refute that Islam is a cancer.

Plus, I never said those things were written in the Quran.
    "religionofpeace.com"
    Do you think I'm a fool? Carry on insulting. Doesn't bother me.

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    When did only human beings have feelings? You speciesist
    Thanks for your contribution to the conversation.

(Original post by DiddyDec)
    Let me rephrase it tell help you understand, it a has a doctrine of persecuting homosexuals and non-believers . Happy now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understood at first, thanks for taking your time though. Allah guides whom He wills that's why you get a lot of converts. Regarding homosexuality there are different schools of thought regarding punishment, they are not to be killed. Next time waffle on about it once you know everything regarding homosexuality in detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    See
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    I am reffering to the onset of groups such as ISIS. Maybe for you it isn't a known fact, how the US created a vacuum in the Middle East, but for the rest of the populace it pretty much is.

Haha, I mean that a country should NOT intervene with intentions that the US had which was to fulfil it's OWN agenda. How can you intervene in a country where you have next to NO knowledge of its history, people and context? Who gives you the right to impose your own preferred regime, in a foreign country? Let's look at Afghanistan, you ONLY intervened for the 'war on terror' after 9/11. Do you know the state Afghanistan was left in, after the US had succeeded in its own agenda before 9/11? You left it in a war torn state, fending for itself.

No one is saying its as simple as a US intervention but to say that it did NOT create a SIGNIFICANT effect is an absolute lie.
    My friend, before you go on about 'known facts', or lecturing me about modern history, you should know that 1) I am not American, so stop saying 'you' 2) most of the British public dont know anything about international history 3) I studied history UG and International politics PG at kings college, and have an offer to do DPhil at Oxford 4) I have been to the middle east and spoken to the people there, they are not one simple group - they have a diverse range of opinions.

The USA always intervened for its own interests (every country does) , and sometimes for humanitarian reasons. They also attempted to rebuild the countries they intervened in by investing billions if dollars into its infrastructure. The US intervention in the middle east is significant, clearly, but significant does not mean bad. It succeeded in some ways, and failed in others.

ReputationRep:
    Does that make it acceptable then?

No one mentioned 'all' problems. The truth has been spoken already. But you can't ignore the fact that US played a big role in such incidents to occur.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What makes what acceptable? Be specific.

ReputationRep:
    "religionofpeace.com"
    Do you think I'm a fool? Carry on insulting. Doesn't bother me.

Thanks for your contribution to the conversation.

I understood at first, thanks for taking your time though. Allah guides whom He wills that's why you get a lot of converts. Regarding homosexuality there are different schools of thought regarding punishment, they are not to be killed. Next time waffle on about it once you know everything regarding homosexuality in detail.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But they are actual quotes from the Quran, lel. Can't change that.

Stay mad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did I say kill? Next time, read what I posted before replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a common literary device

only the insanely literal would take it the way you have

ReputationRep:

Any talk of 'punishment' just shows how backward this religion is and further proof of it's unacceptability in the modern world.

But FYI most people in the UK will have LGBT family members and no moslem family members.

So who do you think we are going to side with in this conversation?

ReputationRep:
    But why doesn't anyone ever mention events such as the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, where the 'Mujahdeen' were encouraged to be radicalised by the US and later formed the Taliban? :/ Including the meddling it did in the Middle East as well? :/

I know this is a bit off the topic but It makes me curious :/
    It's all too simplistic a notion to assume that 'meddling' caused this. Let's look at the current situation in the Middle East:

Since Obama has become President, America's presence in the Middle East has diminished significantly. With the war in Syria as well as the Arab Spring, American influence, relatively speaking, has been minimal. Whereas traditionally Syria would have been invaded, Obama's administration simply assisted in arming the rebels and speaking of a removal of President Assad. This vacuum has been filled by nations such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, who are now fighting for dominance. One could call it a 'Cold War' of sorts, leading to greater instability and no major power to dominate the region.

This is nothing new nor is it a secret: Obama has alluded to this both in White House speeches but also in the media: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ctrine/471525/

I think few would agree with the notion that the invasion of Iraq was a 'good' thing but there are few differences between Saddam and Assad: both have a horrible human rights record, both had greater regional aspirations and both were dictators. So, on one hand we have invasion as a strategy and the other laissez-faire. The results were bad. But which was worse?

My point is that the assumption that America's involvement in, say, arming the Mujahideen led to the creation of ISIS is far too simplistic a view. The whole issue involves centuries of sectarian violence and power struggles that cannot be ignored. Add to that a faith that when taken literally can justify heinous crimes such as Charlie Hebdo, the 13.11 attacks and now Brussels you get volatility that only America was able to control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    The worst thing that could happen is for there to be a cover-up if a terrorist attack happened. One only needs to see the outrage that came with the Rotherham case. I think the covering up of a terrorist attack would result in a far greater backlash. Even if the media here didn't report the case, people would still find out.

Whilst anti-Muslim bigotry is an issue, I don't think you have gone about challenging it in the correct way. The truth is that there is an issue with extreme interpretations of Islam, and these interpretations need to be challenged. As long as these attacks keep happening, people are going to keep getting more and more angered. We therefore have to stop more attacks from happening.
    There's an issue with Muslims criticizing the kharijites, any muslim to criticize them is dismissed as non-Muslim, so our words mean as much as an atheist (if not less as we're seen as traitors).

Surprisingly the ones who are acting in the name or Islam are those (both Muslim and non Muslim) soldiers/civilians fighting them (Daesh), the Muslims nations that formed a coalition against Daesh were mocked as non Muslims/cowards by terrorists and their sympathizers - who totally ignore the hadith that tells us to fight them.

We have to stop the kids from even being exposed to these, for the lack of a better word - groomers. Once they're caught in the web of lies any advice; whether from their secular parents or the highest Islamic authority, will be considered false and the advisor a non-muslim for opposing the terrorist agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Any talk of 'punishment' just shows how backward this religion is and further proof of it's unacceptability in the modern world.

But FYI most people in the UK will have LGBT family members and no moslem family members.

So who do you think we are going to side with in this conversation?
    Backward? Are you sure? Are you trying to say there shouldn't be any sort of punishment for those who do wrong i.e. rape? All religions include punishment for whatever it is. In regards to homosexuality, if one does not act upon the sin then they shall be rewarded and if they do then they're implications for it. No big deal, its religion after all. I can't change the way you think but you've got to respect other peoples beliefs and not be ignorant.

No one imposed that it should be bought in the modern world so hold your horses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Backward? Are you sure? Are you trying to say there shouldn't be any sort of punishment for those who do wrong i.e. rape? All religions include punishment for whatever it is. In regards to homosexuality, if one does not act upon the sin then they shall be rewarded and if they do then they're implications for it. No big deal, its religion after all. I can't change the way you think but you've got to respect other peoples beliefs and not be ignorant.

No one imposed that it should be bought in the modern world so hold your horses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So your retort is to compare gay people with rapists

as I said I'll stick with supporting my family members rather than those who follow a backward faith.

And respect is something you earn and you're not going to get while you're talking about the punishment for my LGBT family members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    So your retort is to compare gay people with rapists

as I said I'll stick with supporting my family members rather than those who follow a backward faith.

And respect is something you earn and you're not going to get while you're talking about the punishment for my LGBT family members.
    No.

Whatever floats your boat.

Each to their own. Oh and you're not Muslim so it doesn't apply to you. Goodbye.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.

Whatever floats your boat.

Each to their own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No not 'each to their own' that part of the problem

you think your opinions deserve respect and they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysWatching)
    See
    My friend, before you go on about 'known facts', or lecturing me about modern history, you should know that 1) I am not American, so stop saying 'you' 2) most of the British public dont know anything about international history 3) I studied history UG and International politics PG at kings college, and have an offer to do DPhil at Oxford 4) I have been to the middle east and spoken to the people there, they are not one simple group - they have a diverse range of opinions.

The USA always intervened for its own interests (every country does) , and sometimes for humanitarian reasons. They also attempted to rebuild the countries they intervened in by investing billions if dollars into its infrastructure. The US intervention in the middle east is significant, clearly, but significant does not mean bad. It succeeded in some ways, and failed in others.
    To be honest, I am unconcerned with your education back round or where you've got an offer from because what we're discussing is your own opinion. Further more they did attempted to build but also failed to rebuild countries back, after intervening e.g Afghanistan -and look where that is today. They did loan money, but it majority of the time was conditional and depended on whether the country is was aimed towards fulfilled its list of requirement first. As you said, it succeed in some ways and failed in others.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I am unconcerned with your education back round or where you've got an offer from because what we're discussing is your own opinion. Further more they did attempted to build but also failed to rebuild countries back, after intervening e.g Afghanistan -and look where that is today. They did loan money, but it majority of the time was conditional and depended on whether the country is was aimed towards fulfilled its list of requirement first. As you said, it succeed in some ways and failed in others.
    We were actually talking about your opinion, specifically about 'meddling'.

Afghanistan has greatly improved since 2001. Have you been recently?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.