Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    You repeated what he just said dude.

He was criticizing the religion and their ideologies.

Not the ones who follow it.
    Attacking a religion is attacking its followers,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You don't know that for sure. ISIS have already made it clear they plan to attack London several times
    I didn't mean it would make the UK 100% safe, but what I don't want to happen, is that Turkey joins the EU and with 1,000,000 + refugees being granted asylum, the EU's freedom of movement rules will put London in massive short term risk. So voting for Brexit can stall it out for 5 years and I'll be chilling on the beaches of Cali by the time things go to **** here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Exactly, you're attacking the entire religion because a tiny tiny tiny handful of Muslims have extremist interpretations of it.
    That would depend on what classifies as 'extremist interpretations'.

ReputationRep:
    What was the cause?
    Something called...hate.

Name:  1458641796694.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  18.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is patently absurd, if I criticise Nazism/German Supremacy it doesn't mean I hate Germans, Islam is just a bunch of ideas.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily.

Every follower of Islam has a different personality. The majority of them are nice people I'm sure. You may not agree with the faith they follow, but you would like them anyway because they have the qualities of a friend.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have some bad news, this is probabaly just the tip of the iceberg.

ReputationRep:
    Be sure to sell your properties in London before the prices fall through the floor :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Is it balls.

Where has anyone ever said that because of the Catholic priests abusing children that all Catholics are evil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    I have some bad news, this is probabaly just the tip of the iceberg.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    I didn't mean it would make the UK 100% safe, but what I don't want to happen, is that Turkey joins the EU and with 1,000,000 + refugees being granted asylum, the EU's freedom of movement rules will put London in massive short term risk. So voting for Brexit can stall it out for 5 years and I'll be chilling on the beaches of Cali by the time things go to **** here
    I don't think turkey will be joining the EU anytime soon anyway,do they still want to join? You don't hear much about it anymore

ReputationRep:
    You are referring to the idea that Muslims don't distinguish between their identity and their religion. Or, their religion is their identity. But from a non-Islamic perspective, we are able to make the distinction precisely because we don't adhere to Islam's strict dogma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    Be sure to sell your properties in London before the prices fall through the floor :yy:
    No chance! Our family home is not up for sale

But American Airlines? Why would they only specifically target them?
    Is this a serious question? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Is this a serious question? :erm:
    No time for jokes. But now the picture has become a lot more clearer

ReputationRep:
    I don't think turkey will be joining the EU anytime soon anyway,do they still want to join? You don't hear much about it anymore

The EU is trying to create a deal with Turkey were for every non-Syrian migrant already in Europe, we'll swap one for a genuine Syrian refugee in Turkey

In return the Turks want 3 billion Euros and fast-track into the EU + Schengen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35854413

inb4 Erdogan gets into Europe and then grants all the migrants in Turkey citizenship + free train ticket to Berlin

No chance! Our family home is not up for sale

Such a diehard Londoner :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And you are incorrect. ISIS want us to hate Islam and they want us to alienate Muslims.
    Thats absurd. Do you have anything to suggest this is their plan?

ISIS are not performing some elaborate plot to blow up stuff in the hopes this builds up anti muslim sentiment, in the hopes they become radicalized, in the hopes they then join isis. They are performing a war of symbolism and attrition like any other guerilla faction.

ReputationRep:
    So we should just allow ISIS to carry on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    Something called...hate.

Name:  1458641796694.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  18.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    jealousy more like.

No time for jokes. But now the picture has become a lot more clearer
    I'm not joking; I'm genuinely curious about whether you seriously don't know why Americans might be bigger targets for jihadism than people of a different nationality. I would've thought it was obvious...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.