Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    this is true only if you keep your views to yourself

if you make your favourable views public, you are supporting the relevant cause/person/ideology

you don't have to agree 100% with something in order to support it

best
    This is pure idiocy. You can be favourable with something without supporting them, I could give thousands of examples, such as how people can be favourable for leaving the EU, but who don't openly go out and protest to stay in the EU. I'm done with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)

Repose en paix
    Where's Turkey,Nigeria,Tunisia,Syria,Ira q,Pakistan and all other countries suffering from terrorism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    This is pure idiocy. You can be favourable with something without supporting them, I could give thousands of examples, such as how people can be favourable for leaving the EU, but who don't openly go out and protest to stay in the EU. I'm done with you.
    How on earth can they even be favourable towards IS? That alone is shocking

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458665657.008974.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  138.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    It has everything to do with religion, ISIS gets most of its insane ideas from the Qur'an.
    Next time I'm reading the quran, I'll make sure I don't get inspired to blow anyone up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, I counted the number of foreign terrorist perpetrators in Islamic attacks against the west since 9/11 on wikipedia
    So not counting all the members of ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, AQAP, Taliban, etc?
    Why do you not consider them to be active "Islamic extremists"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Where's Turkey,Nigeria,Tunisia,Syria,Ira q,Pakistan and all other countries suffering from terrorism?
    This was the picture that was trending.

You can go find one with all the other countries (and there was one with Turkey but I couldn't paste it) and put it up if you have a problem with my post.

ReputationRep:
    The highest estimate for Islamic State numbers suggest they are about the same size as the population of Milton Keynes.

ReputationRep:
    It has everything to do with religion, ISIS gets most of its insane ideas from the Qur'an.
    Very naive if you believe that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    That's not true. There are plenty of military aged men (and women) who are probably fit and able enough, but who are either too cowardly or just unwilling to do so.
    That's because ISIS has a very low chance of actually taking over Syria, and people would rather stay with their families who depend on them for economic income and various other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Very naive if you believe that.
    It's naive if you don't. It's just the usual "they're not true Muslims" retort.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth can they even be favourable towards IS? That alone is shocking

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458665657.008974.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  138.6 KB
    1. ISIS is anti-West, particularly anti-USA, which has in the eyes of many Middle Easterns, destroyed their countries.
    2. ISIS is also anti-Assad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    again to be fair, islam gives him plenty to talk about doesnt it.

if it were buddhism causing people to do things like this over and over again all over the place, im sure it would be hotly discussed to. but facts are, its pretty much just islamists
    Anyway I didn't want an argument as you can see from my previous post.
    It was a simple observation which I stick by.

Get over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    So not counting all the members of ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabaab, AQAP, Taliban, etc?
    Why do you not consider them to be active "Islamic extremists"?
    Stop putting words in my mouth. I consider all of those terrorist groups Islamic extremists.

ReputationRep:
    It's naive if you don't. It's just the usual "they're not true Muslims" retort.
    I don't believe the Qu'ran tells Muslims to blow up children.

But I'm sure you could find a quote on google saying that its permitted
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/dilemofficiel/sta...533504/photo/1

There you go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes Muslims should denounce them more strongly, but at the same time people should stop blaming 1.5 billion people for the actions of less than 1,500.
    The actions of less than 1,500? So you're not including the tens of thousands of members of Al-Qaeda in Iraq (the ISIS predecessor) and the Taliban in that? The members of Al-Shabaab? Boko Haram? Jemaah Islamiah?

And you don't seem to be including all the Muslims who support these acts.

1,500 is a made-up number to make yourself feel better. But it would be preferable if we were to debate based on facts and logic, not emotion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    The actions of less than 1,500? So you're not including the tens of thousands of members of Al-Qaeda in Iraq (the ISIS predecessor) and the Taliban in that? The members of Al-Shabaab? Boko Haram? Jemaah Islamiah?

And you don't seem to be including all the Muslims who support these acts.

1,500 is a made-up number to make yourself feel better. But it would be preferable if we were to debate based on facts and logic, not emotion
    You don't even know what 1,500 was referring to.

ReputationRep:
    idiocy. (...) I'm done with you.
    and, to top it off, an Insult

thanks for proving my points

best

ReputationRep:
    someone who sees Islamic State being favourable, is potentially as evil as full blown IS member ( many of whom im sure just started off as 'being in favor of')
    those in 'favour' send money to IS to pay for these bombs and guns, and let them operate amoungst them, keeping them hidden from authorities, intelligence etc. they are facilitating their actions. Is that what you wish to encourage.

By the way , i note you are dodging the question i asked of you twice ie what is your personal opinion of the islamic doctrine - good or bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    I don't believe the Qu'ran tells Muslims to blow up children.

But I'm sure you could find a quote on google saying that its permitted
    And who said that the specific aim of ISIS is to blow up children? Their aim is to establish a global caliphate and they will kill to get it regardless of who ends up dead.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.