Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    So they want to impose their so called beliefs and will kill their innocent brothers and sisters to cement the caliphate.
    Forgive me, but I can't help but find this absurd.
    Join the queue.

BTW, they do not consider those who reject the true word of Allah and his messenger (according to their interpretation) to be "innocent".
    Just as classical scholars like Ibn Kathir do not consider those who oppose or refude to submit to Islam to be "innocent".

And Islam only forbids killing those who are "innocent".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judas69)
    It seems odd, one attack which was minor, then everyone starts blaming us muslims, I hate white people sometimes
    Who is blaming MUSLIMS? People blame ISLAM.

I know you do, I wonder how long it is until you tell me how grateful i should be some muslim invented the toothbrush first. Or take credit for Greek philosophy and Indian numeracy.

Or blame the west for the problems in the middle east ..... like McDonalds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sad news but this happens daily in other "less fashionable" countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NK18444)
    I understand that many don't follow the same school of thought as me but the thing what's funny is that you're giving me Ibn Kathir's tafsir and using it to prevent ambiguity even though it remains a scholarly interpretation and is not the end all source of Qur'aanic tafsir so really not many muslims swear by it
    Seriously?

"The Tafsir of Ibn Kathir is of the most respected and accepted explanations for the Quran and is the most widely used explanations in Arabic used today." - http://www.qtafsir.com/

"Tafsir ibn Kathir is famous all over the Muslim world, and among Muslims in the Western world is one of the most widely used explanations of the Qu'ran today." - http://www.quranwebsite.com/tafsir%2...bn_kathir.html

"Tafsir Ibn Kathir is one of the most respected and accepted explanations for the Quran and is the most widely used." - https://www.alquranclasses.com/downl...etation-quran/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    and those killings were justified as it was a war that the other side (non belivers) wanted to have
    This will be the same justification used by the moslem terrorists today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    In short, as an oversimplification; Islamic ideology is the enemy, as it calls for the physical and temporal subjugation of the world to Islam. (Other religions do not do this. At best, they call for a spiritual monopoly, and they do not insist on scriptural literal infallibility and universal application)

Muslims are not the enemy because they do not all explicitly call for this. Some do. They are the enemy.

However, all those who refuse to condemn or reject the ideology are complicit (albeit unwittingly) in the actions of the enemy.

BTW, I don't like using "enemy", but will in order to simplify my answer.

The people whom have somewhat liberal interpretations of the faith are still propagating a belief that calls for the death and subjugation of non-believers, whether or not they 'call for it' is almost a moot point. if what you say is true then these people are responsible for inciting and precipitating the others into existence.

They play a secondary role, providing safe gaps for those they create to operate, and providing a false narrative/generalisation that they are the 'moderate majority'. So everyone is a 'moderate' right up until they aren't, it makes us more vulnerable to accept their refusal of responsibility for their actions. Ideas have consequences.

This is a bad example, but;

A member of the Nazi party that propagates (as unquestionable truth) the Nazi ideals and ethics and thoughts on Jewry etc. Regardless of his position or interpretation on the issue/doctrine/belief, should be considered an enemy by any Jewish person/society with self preservation instincts.

If enemy is to mean anything in any context, surely it applies to someone that calls for your, I suppose our, complete extinction. Regardless of their motives.

Does it really matter if the person calling for your death is well meaning or ignorant of the fact, on a philosophical level I'm sure it does, pragmatically it is superfluous.

If you would fail to call someone inciting slavery of your loved ones and your death an enemy, then I would ask, what would someone have to do to become your enemy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    If you're gonna make puns, at least do them a few days after not an hour or so after. Inconsiderate.
    Yeah, I'm sure all the people caught up in this are really upset about remarks on a foreign student forum.

Get a grip.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    My phone carrier has given us free calls and texts until tomorrow evening to allow people who have friends and family in Brussels to get into contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Feel free to talk about islam... I'm sure the isoc has given up replying to the rubbish that is spouted by qe2 and his children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So far, no one has demonstrated that it is "rubbish". They usually post one or two fallacies, strawmen or non sequiturs, and then disappear.

However, feel free to have a go yourself.

InB4 "why should I bother, you won't listen" etc, etc...

Well, that all depends on the strength and logic of your arguments. And anyway, this is an open forum so other users will see your irrefutable logic and clearly say so. I will be left as a single carbuncle of ignorance swimming against a tide of universal rejection and mixed metaphors.

I look forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    As a muslim, I have though carefully about what allah would think about this, allah would approve, western culture must change or be punished, while i dont completely agree with IS, the message is correct. Today IS went abit too far, there are other means of spreading the change of allah mohammad is his messenger.
    Or you could just head to Saudi Arabia, maybe stop off in Mosul/Raqqa?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Troll detected

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=NK18444;63581469]
    (Original post by Reformed)
    none of those could find any sort of religious justification for their crimes
    So, wait. Are you saying that Hitler's crimes against humanity were religiously motivated?
    How does this support your claim that ISIS are not religiously motivated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionbasher21)
    This is obviously staged to make muslims look bad. May allah burn these kuffar in the worst of worst fire
    As a muslim, I have though carefully about what allah would think about this, allah would approve, western culture must change or be punished, while i dont completely agree with IS, the message is correct. Today IS went abit too far, there are other means of spreading the change of allah mohammad is his messenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NK18444)
    May God/ Allah bless you
    With all due respect, i'd rather not have the blessings of someone who is prepared to torture billions of people with an eternity of unbearable pain, simply because they were born into the wrong family, if it's all the same to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digistar_100)
    Sad news but this happens daily in other "less fashionable" countries.
    but also due to the same reason ( ie islamic terrorism) so we should discuss how to tackle the root that effects everyone

ReputationRep:
    Stop with the Islamophobia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    The problem at its core is that ISIS have a large no. of people in the West believing their 'version' of Islam is the correct one.
    This is not the case. Anyone with any knowledge of the subject knows that theirs is merely an unmodernised and literalist interpretation, a medieval Islam undiluted by centuries of secular rationalism (which is basically what the Quran demands).

I'm sure that most people with an opinion see the majority of Muslims that they encounter as representative of the "correct" one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slipandsquirm)
    You were better when you would describe your points clearly.

Here I'll describe mine again.

ISIS believe that suicide bombings is justified. Throughout South East Asian countries, middle eastern countries and Northern African countries (with the overwhelming majority being muslim) there exist 7% and more who agree with suicide bombing.

They share the same view of suicide bombing. That's is in its tens of millions. That one view alone.

Other views are shared about apostacy etc.

If you're going to stop replying, at least don't make silly mistakes. *Tiny* poll!?!?!?! Do you see how extensive it was? Well, what did I expect.

*small* amount of muslims?!?!? You mean millions upon millions in neighbouring countries?

I have to remember that the nonsense you spew is actually very very common. You aren't alone in refusing to listen to arguments for more than 1% of the Muslim population having extremist views.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Believing that suicide bombings are justified in the defence of Islam is not the same as being an ISIS supporter.

I've said it so many times, why can't you read it? Yes, it is worrying that so many people think that suicide bombing is justified, but it does not mean they are all ISIS supporters.

After all, it's no different from the average UK person supporting airstrikes against Raqqah.

ReputationRep:
    We need to send everyone who has gone to Syria to fight back, kick them into the ****ing sea if they wont go willingly.

We should not harbour extremists

ReputationRep:

This video was made to boost tourism in Brussels and change the perception that the city was a war zone linked to various terror plots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    islamic terrorism is bigger than just IS ( there are scores of islamist groups accross the globe- andso islam is the consistent factor), apart from this what is islams significant contribution to the world? your apologism is allowing islamic terrorists to gain support within the muslim community
    I'm not apologising, I am telling you that the vast majority of Muslims are good people.

Have you even been to a majorly Muslim country before?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.