Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    He has never denied this point. I'm sure mariachi would be the first person to concede that...

You have completely missed his point
    I never denied that the majority of Muslims reject ISIS and their interpretations ; however

-we do not know which percentage exactly, and which interpretations exactly are rejected (it's not a black/white issue)

-statistics have nothing to do with "truth" and are not of much help in deciding who is right and who is wrong

so, as far as we Kuffar are concerned, we are back at the starting point, at least with regard to "true" Islam

this does not mean that we will not sympathize with, and assist "moderate" Muslims

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    you really believe that "truth" has something to do with statistics ?

strange

in any case, exactly how many Muslims think that ISIS is right ? or, even just "partially" right ? or even just about Quran 5:33 ?

who could answer that question ?
    You're asking pointless questions and avoiding the point.

ISIS does not represent the same version of Islam to which 1.5 billion Muslims ascribe.

ReputationRep:
    He has never denied this point. I'm sure mariachi would be the first person to concede that...

You have completely missed his point
    If you're going to butt into this conversation and make false claims, at least read it from its entirety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    You've done exactly the same on this thread.
    No, I'm defending the 1.5 billion peaceful Muslims. Not ISIS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    I don't ever recall claiming that you wanted to ban Islam.

And no, throwing 'random quotes' around isn't pointless - I just showed you that Islam condemns killing, and you ignore it. The Quoran, to which 1.5 billion Muslims ascribe, condemns killing. Yet you tell me some **** about how it's 'contradictory' - I don't see any contradictions here. The Quoran right here says what it says. Don't try to wriggle your way out of this one.

And to be honest, I find it hilarious that you're backing up with this excuse of you 'criticising Islam' when Islam, according to the sources you and others have spammed at me, is actually more moderate than some of the Muslims who follow it.

And you still won't accept that ISIS does not represent the Islam that 1.5 billion Muslims subscribe to. ISIS purports a warped version of Islam.
    I'm not wriggling out of anything. Throwing quotes around is pointless because as I said, "holy" books like the qu'ran contradict themselves constantly.

Link.

You could spend all day throwing quotes at each other, it wouldn't mean a damn thing.

It sounds like you paid attention to the sources presented to you. But then I'm not surprised by that.

ISIS represent a certain interpretation of Islam, and it is not an interpretation used exclusively by ISIS. Nor is it difficult to see why follow it in that way. This isn't difficult you know.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to butt into this conversation and make false claims, at least read it from its entirety.
    Are you seriously saying that mariachi believes the majority of Muslims support ISIS and their interpretations...?

ReputationRep:

It's a shame right-wing toolboxes like yourself can't tell the difference.
    I'm a life long Lefty Frank

Your attempts at labeling me 'right-wing' are quite funny really but your undermining of us on the left in such a way should be considered abhorrent in the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    Are you seriously saying that mariachi believes the majority of Muslims support ISIS and their interpretations...?
    He continuously refuses to deny it so yes.

ReputationRep:
    so, you seem to really think that "truth" depends from statistics. What x number of Muslims claim is "truth", because they are more numerous than y number claiming the opposite (please, fill in whatever number is supplied by your statistics)

It's a shame right-wing toolboxes like yourself can't tell the difference.
    making personal remarks won't get you anywhere

best

ReputationRep:
    I'm a life long Lefty Frank

Your attempts at labeling me 'right-wing' are quite funny really but your undermining of us on the left in such a way should be considered abhorrent in the extreme.
    Pretend to be whoever you want, but your anti-Islamic views are nationalistic, isolationist and therefore right-wing.

ReputationRep:
    so, you seem to really think that "truth" depends from statistics. What x number of Muslims claim is "truth", because they are more numerous than y number claiming the opposite (please, fill in whatever number is supplied by your statistics)

thank you for this interesting personal remark, to which I will attribute all the importance it deserves

best
    ISIS kill civilians, some ISIS militants use drugs, ISIS killed a female hostage. The Quran condemns all of these things strongly. Therefore ISIS does not represent the Islam which is followed worldwide.

How hard is it to understand? Stop blabbing on about statistics like it means something, you're making ridiculous turns to make this more complicated than it actually is.

ReputationRep:
    I never denied that the majority of Muslims reject ISIS and their interpretations ; however

-we do not know which percentage exactly, and which interpretations exactly are rejected (it's not a black/white issue)

-statistics have nothing to do with "truth" and are not of much help in deciding who is right and who is wrong

so, as far as we Kuffar are concerned, we are back at the starting point, at least with regard to "true" Islam

this does not mean that we will not sympathize with, and assist "moderate" Muslims

best
    I know, but Frank Underwood seems to think otherwise unless I've misread her post...?

Yes that's very true, in fact I urge her to talk to Muslims who clearly tell us that "True Interpretation" is independent of how many people (and of what country) follow them, but I'm just an ignorant Kuffar.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend to be whoever you want, but your anti-Islamic views are nationalistic, isolationist and therefore right-wing.
    No my anti Islamic views are because I abhor sexism, parochialism , patriarchy and homophobia.

all part of Islam hence why some of us on the left consider Islam a curse on humanity

But Given I've actually fought against the far right (and not just a few words on a forum) I find you calling me 'far-right' a joke and a slap in the face

but then for you it's just about protecting Islam and not about what we on the left consider to be 'right' otherwise you wouldn't be trying to play down the threat of Islam

ReputationRep:
    No my anti Islamic views are because I abhor sexism, parochialism , patriarchy and homophobia.

all part of Islam hence why some of us on the left consider Islam a curse on humanity

But Given I've actually fought against the far right (and not just a few words on a forum) I find you calling me 'far-right' a joke and a slap in the face

but then for you it's just about protecting Islam and not about what we on the left consider to be 'right' otherwise you wouldn't be trying to play down the threat of Islam
    That's the source of your anti-Islamic views.

Your anti-Islamic views which result from your abhorrence from sexism, homophobia, etc are nationalistic and isolationist and therefore right wing.

ReputationRep:
    ... Hope this helps

I never denied that the majority of Muslims reject ISIS and their interpretations

ReputationRep:
    Frank, why don't you read posts ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1012

ReputationRep:

Your anti-Islamic views which result from your abhorrence from sexism, homophobia, etc are nationalistic and isolationist and therefore right wing.
    So it's right wing now to be against sexism, parochialism , patriarchy and homophobia.

It seems you don't even know what right wing actually means

and this is supposed to be a student forum not a school playground.

ReputationRep:

Frank, just like we cannot define who is a Muslim and who isn't, you cannot define who is right-wing and who is left-wing

sorry to burst your bubble

best

ReputationRep:
    ... Hope this helps
    Yeah because he claims it it must be true :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Frank, why don't you read posts ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1012
    I am reading them, if your question is 'why do you ignore them' its because they're lying.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.