Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    You''ve taken a comments about debates, and turned them into one about violence.
    This sentence is embarrassing and makes no grammatical sense.

I'm done arguing with someone who can't even type properly. Keep feeding the terrorists the hatred and skepticism of Islam, just like they want you to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    This sentence is embarrassing and makes no grammatical sense.

I'm done arguing with someone who can't even type properly. Keep feeding the terrorists the hatred and skepticism of Islam, just like they want you to.
    You're going to completely refuse to answer because I used a mix of singular an plural? That's a joke.

I think those reading the thread will clearly see what has happened here.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is far from being peaceful and it is perfectly possible to criticise and hate Islam without hating Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you dare lie and tell me with a straight face that Islam isn't singled out.
    Islam singles itself out by itself

ReputationRep:

People follow Islam and are peaceful, that's what matters. If Islam has some worrying things, almost all Muslims ignore them. And you're making them responsible for the violence of the minority?
    you continue to conflate Islam and Muslims

no one here is making all Muslims responsible for the violence of the minority

but yes, those "worrying things in Islam" are the cause of the strong opposition to Islam which we have explained here, and we are making Islam responsible for the violence committed in its name

but it seems that a few dozen pages of discussion have been unable to explain this simple fact to you. Anyone else however who reads these pages (poor soul) will have understood it

Except you.

ReputationRep:
    This better be a joke, Islam is the most discriminated against religion across the world right now.
    Try being a Yadzi.

ReputationRep:
    Islam=ideology
    Muslims=people

Islam is responsible for its violent verses which inspire violent acts. It can and should be criticised, with rational arguments.

All Muslims are not responsible for violent acts committed by some Muslims. Any Muslim is responsible for his/her actions only. Just like everyone else, in fact.

It would seem simple to understand, but then the confusion is being made over and over again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    completely wrong.Being an anti-Islamist is perfectly fine and praiseworthy

Islamism (political Islam) in particular should be opposed with the utmost determination
    good Lord, how can we say this in a more precise, clear way ?

We oppose Islam. We don't hate Muslims (except those who infringe the law - like we may hate any other criminal)
    This.

Your issue is with the religion, yet its the people who are claiming to follow it who cause the problems. Islam is majorly peaceful, perhaps there are some contradictions, but you cannot deny that Islam does say good things in the Quran.

And it's also worrying that you single out Islam, in the event of an Islamic-related terror attack, you go ballistic on Islam, but apparently its "just because of the religion".

Sort your confused agenda out.
    Lol this confused agenda is just your wild imagination. They use their holy scriptures to justify what they do, and the very way of life that is backward and regressive. Often, they don't even need to take the words out of context. It's right there in black and white.
    My scorn for this religious nonsense is not exclusively towards Islam. I can and do call out other religions if and when they act a certain way. However, in this case it's Islam.
    So you're rather pathetically predictable tactic of "woe is me, poor Islam, such victims" is moot.

I'm glad you have admitted that maybe there are some contradictions, but it's not even a case of maybe. There are. And I'm not denying the existence of any positive lines in the book either, so that's another failed assumption by you.
    Just another fail by you to throw on the already growing heap of fail that is your argument.

Honestly, if I just change the wording of my argument, you're still equally as bad.

You're hating on the entirety of Islam because a tiny amount of people follow a warped version of it, and it implies (but is contradicted) that violence against anti-Islamists is justified.

People follow Islam and are peaceful, that's what matters. If Islam has some worrying things, almost all Muslims ignore them. And you're making them responsible for the violence of the minority?
    Once again, you attempt to incorrectly portray me as someone that hates all (x) billion of them. Once again, my issue is with the religion, primarily.
    Perhaps you ought to grow up and learn about the difference between a genuine and logical opposition to a religion, and tarring all with the same brush. Because I'm not exactly calling for all Muslims in the UK to wear uniforms or that they be put in internment camps. No really, I'm not.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Islam is far from being peaceful and it is perfectly possible to criticise and hate Islam without hating Muslims.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    This better be a joke, Islam is the most discriminated against religion across the world right now. You have people being attacked because they are Muslim, you have extreme racism in Europe and the USA against Muslims, you'd have to be an idiot to deny that.

Just search on Google "Islam" and "racism" (yes, I know its not racist, but thats what it is labelled as by the media), and you'll get thousands upon thousands of results. Do the same for Christianity and you'll get borderline nothing. Don't you dare lie and tell me with a straight face that Islam isn't singled out.
    Wait, you realise Christians are the most abused of the religious?!

Yet Islam is the most discriminated? Have muslim communities had genocide attempted on them? That's not just by ISIS. Its throughout North Africa and middle east. You mentioned being in muslim countries, do you know the racism Christians have to face in Egypt, Kenya and India? Muslims are discriminated but the overwhelming majority don't face persecution like christians do. Nasty shouts don't compare to death and xenophobic (minority!) Politicians don't compare the church's being burnt.

You are blinkered guvnor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    You're going to completely refuse to answer because I used a mix of singular an plural? That's a joke.

I think those reading the thread will clearly see what has happened here.
    I refused to answer it because half of your post made no sense at all.

ReputationRep:
    Let me white knight again

And now you're resorting to personal insults.
    26,000 posts. get a life

ReputationRep:
    26,000 posts. get a life
    I have a life thank you very much, but nice to see that all you've got to contribute is insults

ReputationRep:
    This better be a joke, Islam is the most discriminated against religion across the world right now. .

Remind me again, the extermination camps in Germany and Poland were built for what religious group? Which country (that follows Islam and Sharia Law) in the Middle East has banned Jews and openly calls them devil worshippers in school textbooks? Which religious groups were burnt to death and had their homes burnt in Spain in the 1500s and 1600s?

Jewish people have suffered from discrimination from the start WAY more than Muslims have.Get your facts right.

ReputationRep:
    I refused to answer it because half of your post made no sense at all.
    I will rephrase. The point related to discussion of islam in the form of debate. Your answer related to acts of violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I have a life thank you very much, but nice to see that all you've got to contribute is insults
    If you're going to argue directly against what I'm saying, do muster the courage to quote me directly.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to argue directly against what I'm saying, do muster the courage to quote me directly.
    I did quote you directly...

ReputationRep:
    X
    I was referring to post 1141 :facepalm:

The post you screenshot was a general comment and not directed solely to you as you are not the first nor will you be the last person to make the ridiculous assertion that criticising an ideology is the same as criticising its adherents.

ReputationRep:
    X
    Nonsense, and once again, nothing but insults :lol:

ReputationRep:
    we are making Islam responsible for the violence committed in its name
    Now you can open a criminal case against Islam. Should Islam be arrested before the trial? :cool:
    Islam is just a name of religion. Sacred scripts are just texts (for non-believers). You cannot blame them and cannot fight them. You can blame and fight only people.

ReputationRep:
    X
    Not at all, you provided a screenshot of a general post I made. You now appear to be resorting to the usual trolling that you've been engaging in on this thread.

And I reiterate, criticising an ideology is not akin to insulting its adherents.

Also, I will reply to what I wish, if you don't want to continue the conversation then surely it's you who should be refraining from quoting others...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.