The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean
Did you find a source for that?

Not yet,unfortunately. I think it maybe just hearsay
Original post by leinad2012
Tbf that's extremely sad that rather than compassion for thise affected, your first response is a hostile and divisive one. Not a thought for the families, just a thought of how this event could fit your political narrative. It's actually quite tragic

I deliberately said that in my post to see how people would react. And you, jumped to it.

I can assure you though, that I'm a nice person :h: And my full thoughts are going to the families of the dead and injured.
Original post by queen-bee
It could've happened anywhere.

No it couldn't have.
Original post by leinad2012
Tbf that's extremely sad that rather than compassion for thise affected, your first response is a hostile and divisive one. Not a thought for the families, just a thought of how this event could fit your political narrative. It's actually quite tragic

What difference would that make?

What does thinking about the families do?

I'm not saying that playing politics with it is good - it isn't - but it is no worse than some meaningless gesture to people he doesn't know.

It's not just this attack today, it's the wider trend, soon major European cities will look like Beirut and Cairo when this is a monthly occurrence feeding through with the other news of the day.

At least in America you can live in gated communities and pack heat like a boss
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
It's not just this attack today, it's the wider trend, soon major European cities will look like Beirut and Cairo when this is a monthly occurrence feeding through with the other news of the day.

You're letting the terrorists succeed with these views.

On 9/11, 2,996 people died. An attack with about 25 people dead won't change anything, and you're saying that European cities are finished? You're a victim of right-wing scaremongering.
Original post by wallah abdi
No it couldn't have.

Why not? I don't think it's got anything to do with being in the EU,these people clearly have an agenda against western countries including America
Original post by Frank Underwood
Then enjoy being a terrorist sympathiser. ISIS literally want the west to hate the whole of Islam. You're a toolbox and a victim of right-wing scaremongering, and you don't even know it.

Lol.
I'm not a terrorist sympathiser, this doesn't make me one. I dislike religion in general, I find issues with the religion more than the idiots who follow it to extreme levels. By denying the link and trying to blur the lines and the connections, you're more of a terrorist sympathiser than me.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern

yes but will the UK be safe from these terror attacks even if we do decide to leave the EU?
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Doesnt surprise or shock me.
This **** happens every single day we will all be back to taking our selfies and complaining about the great british weather tomorrow

Sure, it happens all the time. For instance some days ago in Istanbul , Turkey was an explosion in Ankara also. Course, people will shortly forget about it, but it still terrible and it could hapen to everybody!

Wanting protection for yourself and your family is more important than propping up Europe, I didn't ask to be born here.

On 9/11, 2,996 people died. An attack with about 25 people dead won't change anything, and you're saying that European cities are finished? You're a victim of right-wing scaremongering.

and America responded unlike Europe which is cuck central

Do you expect people to just ignore terror attacks and treat them as a normal part of life?
yes but will the UK be safe from these terror attacks even if we do decide to leave the EU?

No, but it will buy maybe 5 years.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Lol.
I'm not a terrorist sympathiser, this doesn't make me one. I dislike religion in general, I find issues with the religion more than the idiots who follow it to extreme levels. By denying the link and trying to blur the lines and the connections, you're more of a terrorist sympathiser than me.

You're a terrorist sympathiser because you are playing right into their hands, whether you like it or not.

ISIL's goal is to make us fear and alienate all Muslims, and you are doing exactly that, good job.

Totally agree! It could happen everywhere and to everybody!
Why not? I don't think it's got anything to do with being in the EU,these people clearly have an agenda against western countries including America

Because thousands of unvetted migrants are not going to north America/Australia.
Original post by NickLCFC
Do you expect people to just ignore terror attacks and just treat them as a normal part of life?

No, I expect them to understand that more than 99% of Muslims are peaceful, though.

All you need is literally a spark to start off a fire. Sooner or later, people are going to get tired of our leaders not doing anything serious about the terror attacks other than having the country armed for a short period of time. Terrorist attacks in Europe coupled with other things like the migrant crisis = chaos.
Original post by Legendary Quest
They are probably just trying to scare us. I hope nothing happens. :frown:

Ok 1st of all my thoughts are with all those involved however people who say this is the time to be political, yes it is this is the fault of the EU Freedom of movement policy which is why the terrorists can get anywhere in the UK .

Apart from that I shall say nothing more of the matter but I nothing is done to stop this ( I.e stop FOE ) then it will only get worse
Such sad news. Why attack Brussels? World's gone mad.

Latest

Trending

Trending