Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Haha actually it's more the "worst" of both worlds :lol: Hard to get in to both countries instead of 1
    Which country do you prefer though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousaf_choudry)
    Which country do you prefer though?
    Don't really have a preference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Baaaaaaa! Stop carrying it on!

I don't care about Pakistanis and what they think about Bollywood or whatever.

I don't care about Fawad Khan or whatever his name is.

I don't care if you think Muslims were persecuted pre-partition. You're wrong, but if it makes you feel better to think so, whatever.

Don't talk like India was a big bad abusive partner that you had to get away from in order to be safe. That's bull****. Muslims that stayed in India are better off than those in Pakistan. You can be proud of being Pakistanis, seriously. But don't make up s*** to distort history. No one's buying it.

And Jinnah was nothing great. At least many Indians can see Nehru for what he was. Shame Pakistanis lack the courage to do the same for their leader.
    Ignorance is what I CANNOT tolerate. And I shall not. Hence, Allah hafiz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Ironic.

When did I say I was an expert, lol. It seems like you are the one who has a strong imagination with very little factual evidence. Do you even hear yourself?

No it doesn't show they are more talented, lol. It shows that people with certain politics and ideologies support bringing Pakistanis into Bollywood and Indian TV for whatever noble (in their eyes), yet naive reason. But Pakistanis now claiming Bollywood as their own while talking about a bad and overbearing India that Pakistan fought off to achieve freedom from, is laughable.

And I'm not preaching hate. If I really wanted to go after Pakistanis, trust me, they'd know it. I'm just calling out the hypocrisy of Pakistanis trash talking India and then enjoying its media (and claiming it as their own). Double standards.

(Original post by Yawn!)
    I'd imagine there's a lot of people in India who would love to tell Bollywood that. Unfortunately, there's certain people in Bollywood who keep throwing Pakistani actors, etc scraps. Luckily those people's careers are on the wane. But don't think that you own Indian movies, just because a few charity cases are given a career, lol.

I seriously have no idea who he is. So clearly he can't be that good. A lot of people are in Bollywood, there's nothing special about one or two Pakistanis that got thrown a bone, lol. That doesn't mean Bollywood is now jointly owned. Priyanka Chopra doing a Hollywood movie doesn't mean Indians now jointly own Hollywood. :rolleyes:

Bollywood is an Indian movie industry. Simple. Since you (and other Pakistanis) consider India a Muslim oppressing country that you 'valiantly' fought to get your freedom from, and now must keep at a distance in order to achieve progress, you should probably refrain from watching Indian movies or songs, no?
    Yes, it's clearly me who's got the strong imagination and the one lacking factual evidence. Read what you write or even better, expand your vocabulary so that you're not always 'imagining' in every argument.
    Also, try to read, retain and understand what other people write instead of regurgitating a nonsensical 'stock' answer.
    What politics, what ideologies ? God, I feel like next you're going to say that Pakistani immigrants have stolen your job too. I think you have a very distorted, incorrect view that every Pakistani is conspiring against India.

ReputationRep:
    I support Sri Lanka so don't really care tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    For someone who cannot tolerate ignorance, you exhibit an extraordinary amount of it.

You worship someone who played you for a fool and believe every word he says even when credible historical sources have exposed what he was.

You claim that Pakistan is the result of a 'war of freedom' for Muslims, which even many Muslims on BOTH sides of the border regard as garbage.

You claim Muslims were persecuted pre-partition with no evidence of this, nor of how much better and safer Muslims are in Pakistan compared to then or modern day India.

And you call me, ignorant. :toofunny:
    Seriously you either cannot read properly or a real ignorant. I have made my claims quite straight forward and if you don't understand them, then its your issue, not mine. I'm not here to waste my time on you explaining some simplest things that can be understood with ease.

And quit that last argument. Given you the same answer to that several times. Yet, you're being ignorant of it and ignoring it.

I gave credit to India where it was due, you clearly have not the guts to do so. So stay like this. Don't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Not stressing over this bakwaas. Rather extremely shocked at the hatred and ignorance of some.
    I know. Some take it a bit far . Just ignore them!

ReputationRep:
    I never started it. I'm not interested in creating wars. In fact, my bestie is an Indian Eternalflames. However, yes, if someone is going to disrespect my country and my sentiments, I will not remain quiet. Despite that, I believe I've remained extremely polite which I always will.
    Yes we are! :hugs:
    You're never disrespectful or rude to anyone xxx.
    I'm not a huge cricket fan so I don't understand why things get so heated :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yawn!, did you delete your last post yourself or did it get deleted? :ninja:

Must be all that "rising intolerance" we hear so much about if it's the latter :lol:
    (Soz man, it's a bimaari that I keep referring to that :laugh:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Yawn!, did you delete your last post yourself or did it get deleted? :ninja:

Must be all that "rising intolerance" we hear so much about if it's the latter :lol:
    (Soz man, it's a bimaari that I keep referring to that :laugh:)
    Yeah. I'm out, man. To be fair, I'm tired of getting dragged into all these TSR arguments and then getting ganged up on....by 'Indians' no less. I spend way too much time on these things.

I was planning my TSR retirement after the IPL, but I think I'm gonna bring it forward.

Take it easy, dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Yeah. I'm out, man. To be fair, I'm tired of getting dragged into all these TSR arguments and then getting ganged up on....by 'Indians' no less.

I was planning my TSR retirement after the IPL, but I think I'm gonna bring it forward.

Take it easy, dude.
    Yeaaa sorry about that (I've done that twice to you now :lol:)

And which Indians have ganged up on you? :beard:

You too man.
    (IndSoc is gunna be dead without you though)

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaa sorry about that (I've done that twice to you now :lol:)

And which Indians have ganged up on you? :beard:

You too man.
    (IndSoc is gunna be dead without you though)
    Haha. No worries. It's my nature.

There's a few that like to talk as if you're a bigot, even when all you're doing is fighting the corner of the country they take so much identity from, and then they say you're taking 'patriotism' a bit far? Especially when someone says their nation won a 'war of freedom' against India? Some people are idiots.

But to be fair, I'd already made my decision to leave after the IPL. Been here for almost six years! :eek: Time to move on. These TSR arguments chew up entire evenings I could be spending better elsewhere (unlike some people here, I actually have a life. :lol:).

I looked at the time in the corner of the screen, realised how long I'd been on here today and decided it's time to go. Haha.

Yeah, IndSoc was fun for a while, but then it kind of turned into tumbleweed country. Shame, but there's always the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Haha. No worries. It's my nature.

There's a few that like to talk as if you're a bigot, even when all you're doing is fighting the corner of the country they take so much identity from, and then they say you're taking 'patriotism' a bit far? Especially when someone says their nation won a 'war of freedom' against India? Some people are idiots.

But to be fair, I'd already made my decision to leave after the IPL. Been here for almost six years! :eek: Time to move on. These TSR arguments chew up entire evenings I could be spending better elsewhere (unlike some people here, I actually have a life. :lol:).

I looked at the time in the corner of the screen, realised how long I'd been on here today and decided it's time to go. Haha.

Yeah, IndSoc was fun for a while, but then it kind of turned into tumbleweed country. Shame, but there's always the real thing.
    Oooooooh!!! I felt that cutting comment burn a hole right in my heart :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But yeah fair enough, if you need to go, you need to go.

And agreed with the real thing.
    This always makes me miss it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Oooooooh!!! I felt that cutting comment burn a hole right in my heart :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But yeah fair enough, if you need to go, you need to go.

And agreed with the real thing.
    This always makes me miss it :sad:
    Ha, wasn't aimed at you, more at TSRians in general. :lol:

I actually meant (British) Indian family and friends, etc. That's kind of the real IndSoc for all of us. But yeah, India itself too. Never been a more exciting time to be one.

I tried to request a ban, but I don't think they do that any more. Was told to delete my account, but I can't figure out how? They won't answer my requests!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Ha, wasn't aimed at you, more at TSRians in general. :lol:

I actually meant (British) Indian family and friends, etc. That's kind of the real IndSoc for all of us. But yeah, India itself too. Never been a more exciting time to be one.

I tried to request a ban, but I don't think they do that any more. Was told to delete my account, but I can't figure out how? They won't answer my requests!
    Yeah, I know, although it deffo applies to me these days :lol:

Aha fair enough.
    Deffo an exciting time (until Indians themselves eff up their chances and elect someone like Pappu to power - then we've really had it :sigh:)

I suppose you could try changing your password to something you won't remember and then log out.
    I shall miss your Kshatriya fighting spirit in defending Bharat Mata
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know, although it deffo applies to me these days :lol:

Aha fair enough.
    Deffo an exciting time (until Indians themselves eff up their chances and elect someone like Pappu to power - then we've really had it :sigh:)

I suppose you could try changing your password to something you won't remember and then log out.
    I shall miss your Kshatriya fighting spirit in defending Bharat Mata
    :rofl:
    Ugh the process of leaving TSR is more drawn out than I realised.

Nah. Rahul Gandhi has no chance of being elected. Modi's there for a while, unless the BJP screws up with a huge scam or something.

Don't want to risk it, or I may end up back here, lol. Looking to put a full stop on it.

In hindsight I realise how silly it was to get into so many of these arguments. As if TSR debates affect real life. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Ikr!

For those who have forgotten this, here 's how it goes:

Test matches: Pak won 12 matches, whereas India just 9

Odis: Pak won 72 times in comparison to India who only won 54

Its only in the T20s that India won more: Pak 1 and India 6

Overall, the results are pretty clear. You know who the boss is...tis my PAKIIIISTAAAAN!!!:bhangra::love:
    That just shows you Pak only wins when it doesn't matter.
    Have some Jai Hind on us!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who doesn't watch cricket and has a life ....

.... oh wait I take that back I'm on TSR. #feelsbadman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antagonistic)
    You have a very strong imagination with very little factual evidence. I suggest you stop being ignorant and rude to other members and stop talking from your behind. You take things completely out of context. I won't claim to be an expert in the music industry like you wrongfully are but it any ignorant person including you should be able to realise the fact that if Pakistani singers are being hired it shows that they have talent, perhaps more talent than Indian singers for that particular song. Because, if there was better singers in India then it would be more cheaper and more politically correct so less people like you are on forums having a rant at Pakistanis for 'stealing from India'.
    Preaching hate is not the way forward and I'm sure you're an intelligent enough person to know that you are above that.
    who cares man, this thread is about cricket, not singing - perhaps you should concentrate on producing some batsmen that dont wet themselves then maybe youll win a world cup game against us one day
    in the meantime, just revel in some secondary glory of your fellow asians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Indeed it was. Immaturity on our part on throwing the game away right at the death, but Dhoni is just <3
    unlucky man, you guys alwyas give us a better game than pakistanis

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.