Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hey, marwaf How did your interview at LSBU go? Have they got back to you yet?

Hey, Heph How was you interview at LSBU? Have you had the interview yet? Let me know
    nelfran29 hi, i am having my interview tomorrow very very nervous already. They told me we have to do a test first and then mmi style interview after that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heph)
    nelfran29 hi, i am having my interview tomorrow very very nervous already. They told me we have to do a test first and then mmi style interview after that
    Hello, Heph That's great they are conducting both parts of the selection process in one day it's a lot easier getting everything done in a short space of time.

Try and channel your nerves in a positive way, I know it's easier said than done, since you know what to expect on the day try and stay calm and collected and don't rush take your time and evaluate your answer in the literacy and numeracy tests. Read each question properly, make sure you have understood what is being asked of you. For literacy read carefully and answer accordingly. For maths read carefully too and take your time, calculate your answer and move on and take time at the end of you still have time that is to go back and check your answers you want to do the best you can to hit the pass mark or exceed.

For the MMI, like I explained before its a bit like speed dating, remember the interviewers are not there to scare you or make you nervous just enjoy the day as much as you can and give honest answers and imagine yourself in the scenarios they present that will help you bring your answers to life. Smile and engage with the interviewer, show them your interested in what they are asking, show passion and enthusiasm. Understand what is being asked and answer accordingly.

Do some nursing/healthcare research like recent news in the media (hospitals no bed) (A&E closures) What is going on in nursing and healthcare/ community/ hospitals

This could come in handy for your interview day.

I will check on you tomorrow to see how your interview day went also take down some reflections after and comment on how you thought the day went, what went well what didn't etc. It will help with future interviews.

The University of East London also have an Adult Nursing - January 2018 intake which is another option I applied to them too because I thought I might not get any offers from the 5 universities I applied to, to start with. I know you said something about getting 4 rejections, I really hope you get an offer from London South Bank University, it is a fantastic university and highly rated by students. Let me know how your interview goes be nice to hear your experience

Finally a massive good luck on your interview day at LSBU!!! You can do this! Just believe in yourself and LSBU will believe in you, trust me, if I can get in you can! We are in this together!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Afuaa How was your interview at Middlesex? Was it what you expected? How do you think the day went? How long do they take to let you know the result? Will you wait to hear from them or accept LSBU.

I have just recently booked an event at the Havering Campus for offer holders I'm sure Southwark campus will have one on a different date. I am so excited and can't wait to meet people accepting the place and committed to starting with LSBU. It's gonna be great I just know it! I just can't wait to start my Adult Nursing course, there's many events on before we actually start which is a great preparation strategy for students woo hoo!

Let me know how today went
    It's really went well, they were very friendly.
    They said I will hear from them within 5 working days. Am still waiting to hear from southbank after I sent them the documents they requested for. Have you done your student finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afuaa)
    It's really went well, they were very friendly.
    They said I will hear from them within 5 working days. Am still waiting to hear from southbank after I sent them the documents they requested for. Have you done your student finance.
    Afuaa Hey honey once your documents are processed you should get your offer directly through UCAS Track. Usually takes a good week to 2 weeks it doesn't take long at all. It will either be conditional or unconditional babes providing you already got the grades you got nothing to worry about, the email confirms that they want to offer you a place but can't confirm until you provide the necessary documents. The result will be communicated via track unless they need further information which they normally email again asking for it.

I am so happy Middlesex went well, a lot of universities are making offers before the 31st March 17 I am wondering why this is, you may get your offer before then too!

So are you gonna wait until Middlesex get back to you then?

My student finance - I applied the same day the application window opened too eager I think, and it's been approved I just have a couple of issues that's all which I'm currently dealing with

You should apply and put south bank down since you really wanna go there, also if you need to make changes you can do that later on main thing is getting the application done and declaration signed and documents sent to them. I know it's still early days but it can take up to 6 weeks look at me I have too many issues I'm happier it's happening now and not September that's all.

So when will you apply for student finance?

Let me know how things go, be exciting to hear about your whole experience

ReputationRep:
    Afuaa Hey honey once your documents are processed you should get your offer directly through UCAS Track. Usually takes a good week to 2 weeks it doesn't take long at all. It will either be conditional or unconditional babes providing you already got the grades you got nothing to worry about, the email confirms that they want to offer you a place but can't confirm until you provide the necessary documents. The result will be communicated via track unless they need further information which they normally email again asking for it.

I am so happy Middlesex went well, a lot of universities are making offers before the 31st March 17 I am wondering why this is, you may get your offer before then too!

So are you gonna wait until Middlesex get back to you then?

My student finance - I applied the same day the application window opened too eager I think, and it's been approved I just have a couple of issues that's all which I'm currently dealing with

You should apply and put south bank down since you really wanna go there, also if you need to make changes you can do that later on main thing is getting the application done and declaration signed and documents sent to them. I know it's still early days but it can take up to 6 weeks look at me I have too many issues I'm happier it's happening now and not September that's all.

So when will you apply for student finance?

Let me know how things go, be exciting to hear about your whole experience
    I applied to student finance yesterday and I have to send the documents to them. They don't give special support or maintenance grant anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afuaa)
    I applied to student finance yesterday and I have to send the documents to them. They don't give special support or maintenance grant anymore.
    Hi, Afuaa Yes I heard about that, no more grants from them. Hope you get it sorted I'm gonna send my declaration today

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Heph Was your interview at LSBU today? Or is it tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Heph Was your interview at LSBU today? Or is it tomorrow?
    nelfran29 hey, thank you so much for your guidance. I did prepare myself accordingly. I was just being honest with my answers, thinking about the patient at the centre. I believe, it went well. Its really up to them to choose me as a student or not lol. I really did my best i could. So lets see what happens. I will definietly let you know how my results will be. Thank you ever so much once again, really appreciate it. 🙂🙏🙏🙏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heph)
    nelfran29 hey, thank you so much for your guidance. I did prepare myself accordingly. I was just being honest with my answers, thinking about the patient at the centre. I believe, it went well. Its really up to them to choose me as a student or not lol. I really did my best i could. So lets see what happens. I will definietly let you know how my results will be. Thank you ever so much once again, really appreciate it. 🙂🙏🙏🙏
    Heph You are so welcome I hope and pray you get in, it would be amazing news I haven't heard of any rejections for nursing yet so I think we've all got good chances like I did if I can do it so can you. Some universities are making offers between now and 31st March so I hope it's the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    @afuaa, That's good news babe, and I'm happy you got into your first choice, that's great!!! Hope Middlesex is great too!!!
    Just got my an unconditional offer from southbank. Have done the crb on line and it's said I should Please now contact your employer to arrange for your identity documents to be verified and your application to be approved for processing. Did you contact them after you did yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afuaa)
    Just got my an unconditional offer from southbank. Have done the crb on line and it's said I should Please now contact your employer to arrange for your identity documents to be verified and your application to be approved for processing. Did you contact them after you did yours
    Hi Afuaa I haven't been advised to complete any documents online for DBS, I received my unconditional offer via UCAS Track but there was no instruction to do anything else so I assume I will be contacted nearer the time. I'm surprised they have contacted you to complete the form online so early, I have heard from current students that they were contacted like early September before the start of the course. Also I haven't heard anything from them since receiving my offer in Feb 2017. I have spoken to Students also starting nursing this September who haven't received this communication so it's a little odd for them to be contacting people now. It's great to get it done early tho. I am also due to attend the offer holders event at the end of April so I'll Enquire then I guess. Your the first person I know of to complete DBS checks so early

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afuaa)
    Hi, Afuaa Could you kindly clarify your post above, who approached you to complete the DBS online? I was told we shouldn't hear anything until June time? So I'm quite confused?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Afuaa Could you kindly clarify your post above, who approached you to complete the DBS online? I was told we shouldn't hear anything until June time? So I'm quite confused?

Thanks
    You are right about that. I saw it on the offer letter.its was I link.and I copied and pasted it. That is where I found the forms. But you are right they will contact us when they want us to do it.so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afuaa)
    You are right about that. I saw it on the offer letter.its was I link.and I copied and pasted it. That is where I found the forms. But you are right they will contact us when they want us to do it.so don't worry.
    I am so confused

ReputationRep:
    I am so confused
    What are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afuaa)
    What are
    Why you completed that document without being asked to?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Heph Any news yet? How are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    Afuaa Have you heard from Middlesex yet?

ReputationRep:
    Heph have you heard from LSBU yet? How did your interview go. How long did they say it will be until you hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    Heph have you heard from LSBU yet? How did your interview go. How long did they say it will be until you hear from them?
    nelfran29 my interview went well and i received an email saying to confirm the offer i have to send them the documents of passports , certificates etc. I sent them the email but havent received anything in return. May be its due to easter holiday, so until then i will just have to wait and see darling. How are you doing ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 1, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.