Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heph)
    nelfran29 my interview went well and i received an email saying to confirm the offer i have to send them the documents of passports , certificates etc. I sent them the email but havent received anything in return. May be its due to easter holiday, so until then i will just have to wait and see darling. How are you doing ?
    Providing you don't have criminal convictions your conditional/ unconditional offer will come through UCAS. So don't worry you got a place so excited for you

ReputationRep:
    nelfran29 could you please private message me some of the interview questions they asked you in the MMI at LSBU as well?
    Sorry for the trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dor34)
    nelfran29 could you please private message me some of the interview questions they asked you in the MMI at LSBU as well?
    Sorry for the trouble
    I have PM you back now xxx

ReputationRep:
    Dor34 I hope my private message helped, when is your MMI? You have until 5th May to respond to UCAS

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Congrats on your offer!!! Heph Are you going to the Southwark (Elephant and Castle) campus or Havering (Harold Wood) campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hello, Congrats on your offer!!! Heph Are you going to the Southwark (Elephant and Castle) campus or Havering (Harold Wood) campus?
    nelfran29 i am going to southwalk hun. They gave conditional offer though. Asked me for 9 distinctions and 32 merits? Idk how do i have to calculate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heph)
    nelfran29 i am going to southwalk hun. They gave conditional offer though. Asked me for 9 distinctions and 32 merits? Idk how do i have to calculate it
    Heph, Wow, I know the entry requirements for the access course especially are quite harsh, then again other universities are tougher to get into, some want more distinctions than merits, so LSBU are pretty fair.

In terms of trying to achieve 9 distinctions, it's pretty easy to get, with my access course, 3 points are equal to 1 distinction so, in theory, you need to get 3 distinctions from 3 assignments to make up 9, that's if your grades are made up like that. In terms of getting merits, you should have really been working towards getting merits for all your level 3 work as you know from the start of your course. When does your course end?

Also, speak to your personal tutor and the lecturers that mark your work to find out how you can achieve a higher grade in your level 3 work/ all your work, you will have to work harder and this will bring your grade up, what do you think about this? Will this help? Let me know! I know how much this means to you and I want you to push yourself to get those grades and start LSBU in September 2017. I applied for the Havering campus since it's near to my house.

ReputationRep:
    @nelfran 29, could you please private message me some of the questions. I have my interview next week Wednesday and LSBU is my first choice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonny4real)
    @nelfran 29, could you please private message me some of the questions. I have my interview next week Wednesday and LSBU is my first choice. Thanks
    Morning, as I said before there is no way to find out what the questions will be, they are changed so frequently I have spoken to a number of prospective students and each experience was different.

Best way to prepare yourself for what's to come is to really understand the role of your chosen profession if it's nursing, have a look at the skills, attitudes and qualities, look at what nurses do day to day and how their behaviour can have an impact on the patients well being and so on. Also check out the LSBU website there is interview guidance on there, there is absolutely nothing to worry about, just be confident and aim for the best, the fact you have an interview says a lot about you, your almost there, all you have to do is be positive, enthusiastic, open minded, open to change since nursing is ever changing, expect the unexpected, and be prepared for scenarios or situations or positions you might find yourself in healthcare. I can't give anymore advice I have posted several posts about lsbu. Good luck let me know how it goes xxx

ReputationRep:
    Morning, as I said before there is no way to find out what the questions will be, they are changed so frequently I have spoken to a number of prospective students and each experience was different.

Best way to prepare yourself for what's to come is to really understand the role of your chosen profession if it's nursing, have a look at the skills, attitudes and qualities, look at what nurses do day to day and how their behaviour can have an impact on the patients well being and so on. Also check out the LSBU website there is interview guidance on there, there is absolutely nothing to worry about, just be confident and aim for the best, the fact you have an interview says a lot about you, your almost there, all you have to do is be positive, enthusiastic, open minded, open to change since nursing is ever changing, expect the unexpected, and be prepared for scenarios or situations or positions you might find yourself in healthcare. I can't give anymore advice I have posted several posts about lsbu. Good luck let me know how it goes xxx
    Thanks @nelfran. I will sure try my best and will let you know how it went.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks @nelfran. I will sure try my best and will let you know how it went.
    Any news?

ReputationRep:
    Any news?
    Hi @ nelfra29
    No news yet. They said after bank holiday. Still very anxious 😩

ReputationRep:
    Hi @ nelfra29
    No news yet. They said after bank holiday. Still very anxious 😩
    I know it's crazy isn't it, let me know rooting for you

ReputationRep:
    marwaf and dshantari how did your interviews go at LSBU, were you offered a place? Let me know

ReputationRep:
    Heph, how are you? Have you accepted LSBU, have you applied for your DBS and occupational health yet? Didn't you attend the headstart day at Southwark? Will you be attending the library workshops to prepare you for university? They have some great sessions on offer let me know, if not I can point you in the right direction just ask

ReputationRep:
    Afuaa, hey how are you? Did you attend the head start day for nursing at the Southwark campus? Have you started the DBS process and occupational health, did you receive emails from the uni about the library sessions on offer? Did you bring in your ID documents to the campus, I know you said you applied for the DBS, have you received the DBS certificate yet? I have only just started so I'm still waiting, I went to my head start day on Monday and I was given my timetable, have you started reading any A&P textbooks yet, I met one of the senior lecturers who suggested we start preparing early can't believe I've got 11 weeks to go until I start, do you know your start date yet? Are you excited? I'm still so nervous I just hope I'm not too overwhelmed and that I knuckle down and work hard from the start.

Let me know it will be nice to know what you've been up to it's been ages since we spoke

ReputationRep:
    Nonny4real hey, it's been ages! Any news on LSBU, were you offered a place?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, chelseawall, How are you? Any luck with your uni applications, were you offered a place at Anglia Ruskin? Haven't heard from you in a while, wanted to know how you were doing? Let me know

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!
    What dyu hav to fulfill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adazzlingdiva)
    What dyu hav to fulfill?
    I don't understand what your asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.