which modules/topics do you personally REALLY struggle with? Watch

shawtyb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
for me its finance and anything maths related. i physically cannot do it, in school i wouldnt understand it until the teacher explained how to do things and wrote an example on the board, id then understand and be able to do the work but the following day, i wouldnt have any idea how to do the same work.

this seems to have followed me in to my adult years and i have trouble recalling information

whats yours?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shawtyb)
for me its finance and anything maths related. i physically cannot do it, in school i wouldnt understand it until the teacher explained how to do things and wrote an example on the board, id then understand and be able to do the work but the following day, i wouldnt have any idea how to do the same work.

this seems to have followed me in to my adult years and i have trouble recalling information

whats yours?
In school it was english lit and PE. There wasnt much i struggled with in uni except writing essays but then that wasnt due to the topic really.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The ones I missed all the lectures for...go figure
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
GCSE
English Lit
Biology

AL
MFL grammar/vocabulary is killing me slowly
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
In school it was english lit and PE. There wasnt much i struggled with in uni except writing essays but then that wasnt due to the topic really.
i hated PE but i was good at it, especially athletics. i never thought much of english and never thought i was any good until i realised the majority of locals around me were pretty bad at it so in comparison im quite good

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
The ones I missed all the lectures for...go figure
i dont miss any of mine
mkap
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Physics, my mind shuts down
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student403)
GCSE
English Lit
Biology

AL
MFL grammar/vocabulary is killing me slowly
we never did biology, just chemistry
what is AL? and MFL? i could touch up my grammar a bit tbh
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i hated PE but i was good at it, especially athletics. i never thought much of english and never thought i was any good until i realised the majority of locals around me were pretty bad at it so in comparison im quite good
The running part of atheltics was the only thing i could do like normal people really. I didn't think much of english either
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
we never did biology, just chemistry
what is AL? and MFL? i could touch up my grammar a bit tbh
AL = A-level

MFL = modern foreign language (usually refers to the ones you do in school like French, Spanish, German etc.)

Grammar can be fun because in English there are a lot of patterns!
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by mkap)
Physics, my mind shuts down
i wasnt too keen on this lol]

(Original post by claireestelle)
The running part of atheltics was the only thing i could do like normal people really. I didn't think much of english either
i was best at the gymnastics and pole volt

AL = A-level

MFL = modern foreign language (usually refers to the ones you do in school like French, Spanish, German etc.)

Grammar can be fun because in English there are a lot of patterns!
never did a levels lol, i was good at french but then moved schools and that screwed it up for me
i hate grammar lol
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Statistics and ecology related topics (both combined will kill me)
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i wasnt too keen on this lol]

i was best at the gymnastics and pole volt

never did a levels lol, i was good at french but then moved schools and that screwed it up for me
i hate grammar lol
Omg you need to learn French!! A language can be soo rewarding to learn - please do
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkboyk)
Statistics and ecology related topics (both combined will kill me)
whats ecology?

Omg you need to learn French!! A language can be soo rewarding to learn - please do
that is the plan, i want to become totally fluent but i fear my memory isnt good enough to accomodate a new language
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anything English related and Physics.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
whats ecology?

that is the plan, i want to become totally fluent but i fear my memory isnt good enough to accomodate a new language
There is an aspect of memorisation to learning a language, yes. But I would say there is a lot more understanding than people think. And this means you don't actually need a stupidly good memory to be good at it. With enough practice, you can definitely get by. My memory is crap too
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Integration and summation
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Anything English related and Physics.
physics seems to be a common one apparently haha

There is an aspect of memorisation to learning a language, yes. But I would say there is a lot more understanding than people think. And this means you don't actually need a stupidly good memory to be good at it. With enough practice, you can definitely get by. My memory is crap too
i hope i still have the ability to learn it. i was that interested before, i actually took up after school french lessons

(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
Integration and summation
summation? whats that
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
summation? whats that
In mathematics, summation (symbol: \sum) is the addition of a sequence of numbers; the result is their sum or total. If numbers are added sequentially from left to right, any intermediate result is a partial sum, prefix sum, or running total of the summation.
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
In mathematics, summation (symbol: \sum) is the addition of a sequence of numbers; the result is their sum or total. If numbers are added sequentially from left to right, any intermediate result is a partial sum, prefix sum, or running total of the summation.
well that just confused me
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
well that just confused me
1+2+3+4+5 =

That's summation basically lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (41)
33.06%
No I don't (57)
45.97%
I work during the holidays (26)
20.97%

Watched Threads