Suggestion Box 3 Watch

This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bloodhound)
nope. i dont want a main page with link. when i go to this site. i wnat the main forum on my page. and u can put all the other links on the header or the footer. just edit the php script (header.php etc) and everything is done. i like the idea of having a educational directory. what about adult section. jokes
You always set your home page as the main forum so you didn't have to see the main page with a link
Koloth
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by d)
Okay, so, in response to suggestions, perhaps we could have:

www.uk-learning.net/ - index page.
forum.uk-learning.net/ - this page.
articles.uk-learning.net/ - user contributed articles and guides (perhaps beginning with loftx's uni article
news.uk-learning.net/ - slashdot style news
directory.uk-learning.net/ - directory of educational sites.

What does everyone think about that? It would all be user generated.
Sounds like a great idea. I'd be more than willing to help.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
On results day, how about inventing a rule that stops people from going off-topic. There's bound to be a thread called 'Results', and I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone did. You can bet your bottom pound though that within about 6 threads, someone will be talking about Harry Potter or something.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
On results day, how about inventing a rule that stops people from going off-topic. There's bound to be a thread called 'Results', and I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone did. You can bet your bottom pound though that within about 6 threads, someone will be talking about Harry Potter or something.
We did have General Chit Chat Thread to keep off-topicness to a min...but no.4 has gone the same way as no. 3..lost forever (unless you do a search) somewhere among the many pages of threads this fourm has...

Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
There will be dedicated threads for people wishing to share / discuss / humiliate me :rolleyes: on Thursday . More details follow as and when......
CR3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i don't know where to put this so i guess i'll suggest it...

i hate the fact that i have to spread my rep around because i don't really approve of anyone else except for a handful of members...could we just have it so that reputation could be given out at anytime

CR
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
i don't know where to put this so i guess i'll suggest it...

i hate the fact that i have to spread my rep around because i don't really approve of anyone else except for a handful of members...could we just have it so that reputation could be given out at anytime

CR

we all would...but its not an our forum problem ...its a problem with the software type of thing or something....

sorry!

love Katy ***
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some people might want to get off the topic of results should they have been dissapointed etc...not that any of you will! *cheesy wink and sparkling teeth*
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Some people might want to get off the topic of results should they have been dissapointed etc...not that any of you will! *cheesy wink and sparkling teeth*
I think if people underachieve they will still want to post about it...

I will probably post my own, "So did anyone else get 4 U's" thread alternatively I could post (another) "I hate EdExcel" rant!

I am quite undecided really!!!
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's an easy response - just create another thread
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
I will probably post my own, "So did anyone else get 4 U's" thread alternatively I could post (another) "I hate EdExcel" rant!
i remember that... longest post i think ive ever written!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
SUGGESTION: there should be no minimum letters in the search. I wanted to search for posts on UCL and wasnt able to because its less than 4 letters. On a similar note, there should be no minimum letters in posts. Thank you!
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
SUGGESTION: there should be no minimum letters in the search. I wanted to search for posts on UCL and wasnt able to because its less than 4 letters. On a similar note, there should be no minimum letters in posts. Thank you!
SUGGESTION: REGISTER

CR
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's a good point, I tries to search for PPE but it wouldn't let me
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
How about making Adsur and Nylex moderators?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How about making Adsur and Nylex moderators?
no offence to adshur and nylex but i think we now have plenty of moderators. but at the end of the day its up to d
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
How about a logo? Something like this:

http://members.aol.com/unregistardo/uklearning.jpg
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Did you spend a long time making that?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hours.....
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Looks familiar
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise