Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louc1983)
    You are so right and I keep trying to remind myself of this. Have you had any more details from BGU yet? I havent....but i got a lovely tea towel
    I have a tea towel which I was impressed with considering I never got the teacher survival kit when they made me an offer

But no information yet - just been emailing Sue to confirm that we deff finish on the 16th December as we are looking to go to Florida for three weeks Will be taking my laptop to work on uni work during the plane flight.

ReputationRep:
    Ah you didnt miss too much - was made up of a safety pin, sterile wipe, tissues etc. Shame you didnt get it though

I bet you will be looking forward to the break by then. It kinda looks like we will be more so uni based up to christmas ( is it about six weeks in school?) and so hopefully we wont be too bogged down and trying to juggle everything by christmas. Have you given any thought as to whether you will study at Level 6 or 7?

ReputationRep:
    Ah you didnt miss too much - was made up of a safety pin, sterile wipe, tissues etc. Shame you didnt get it though

I bet you will be looking forward to the break by then. It kinda looks like we will be more so uni based up to christmas ( is it about six weeks in school?) and so hopefully we wont be too bogged down and trying to juggle everything by christmas. Have you given any thought as to whether you will study at Level 6 or 7?
    Joined last years/this years PGCE students regarding the workload and Christmas; they mentioned that you get all the assignment details at the beginning of the course so it is up to you when you start. So I am hoping if I get into gear by then I won't have much to do when Christmas rolls around. I have told my other half if he wants me to go away then he will have to put up with limited contact up to Christmas; which isn't too bad as he is starting his dissertation in module in January with the Open University, but has to start planning and researching in September.

Hoping to do Level 7 simply on the fact that for the past two years I have been working towards my masters with the Open University, the current module isn't much to go by as the assignments etc. are scientific based so not much mastery writing whereas the first module was more essay based with 6000 word assignments with just one question. I managed to pass that module so I hoping the content I need it very similar.

Found this books in Waterstones, https://shop.scholastic.co.uk/100s ,too pricey to buy out right but they look amazing. For the three core subjects, English, Maths and Science, they have the planning book which covers long and medium term plans for Year 1 - 6. They also have 100 lesson plans books which plan and teach the 2014 curriculum; it covers day to day planning, each year group have a separate book. The same is for Geography, History and Computing, they have the long term and medium planning guide for year 1- 6 and separate books for the lesson plans but each book covers weekly lesson plans for two year groups. Eg. they have a book for Year 1-2, Year 3-4 etc. For the minor subjects such as Art, DT and Music they have just the Long and medium term planning guide.

Looked on the BGU library catalouge and apart from teh Art, Music and DT they have all those books in the library. I am telling you all this as I feel these books could be a lifesaver. They all also include a CD which has resources, worksheets etc.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks for that - the books look great. I keep having a look at online resources like Twinkl etc but I am not sure how far to go into that side of things in terms of not knowing which age group our placements will be. Have become a big fan of teachers TV on Youtube though!

Good to know about assingments too - I am happy that there wont be any nasty surprises. It will be my aim to try and stay ahead of the game as much as possible - whether that will happen however .

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks for that - the books look great. I keep having a look at online resources like Twinkl etc but I am not sure how far to go into that side of things in terms of not knowing which age group our placements will be. Have become a big fan of teachers TV on Youtube though!

Good to know about assingments too - I am happy that there wont be any nasty surprises. It will be my aim to try and stay ahead of the game as much as possible - whether that will happen however .
    Exactly my thoughts about trying to stay ahead I am hoping have a holiday booked will be a good enough motivator to stay ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting my PGCE at BG this September and justwondered how everyone has filled in the form about where your placements arewhen it asks whether you can stay in a B+B? I'm moving to Lincoln specificallyto do my PGCE so don't really want to stay in a B+B for one of my placements,but it asks for a 'valid reason' if you say you don't want to. Has everyoneelse put no or yes to that question? Obviously it would be a bit inconvenientfor me if I've already chosen my house, but I don't know whether that classesas a 'valid reason' or not.
    Any insight would be fab, thank you

ReputationRep:
    It's unlikely you will be placed in a B&B also most people are moving to Lincoln for the course. I think a valid reason would be some kind of medical reason. Also placements aren't that long so you wouldn't be there all year

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.