The Student Room Group

Pgl 2016

Hello,

I am starting the 10 day training next month before hopefully stating a job straight away!

Although I haven't heard much from them about what the training involves and what kinda thing I should take. Any tips or advice would be really helpful!

Thank you in advanced! xx
Original post by kasber
Hello,

I am starting the 10 day training next month before hopefully stating a job straight away!

Although I haven't heard much from them about what the training involves and what kinda thing I should take. Any tips or advice would be really helpful!

I am sorry I have never worked for PGL. However I have worked for similar companies. As you will be supporting kids in dangerous situations so a lot of the training probably will be about how to use the equipment. The rest will be the general structures and timetables. It is actually complicated system of rotas and heirachy of responsibilities.
I actually applied and was accepted but then dropped out because the dates for my University overlapped. Anyway I remember getting a pack of information. Is it not in that?

Out of curiousity why PGL?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kasber
Hello,

The training will be a decent mix of things:

- Child protection
- First aid
- Games etc
- Basic activities (archery, low ropes, orienteering)

You'll not get trained on the main activities like water/rope things until you get to site.

Feel free to quote me for any specific questions, I worked for PGL back in 2009.
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
The training will be a decent mix of things:

- Child protection
- First aid
- Games etc
- Basic activities (archery, low ropes, orienteering)

You'll not get trained on the main activities like water/rope things until you get to site.

Feel free to quote me for any specific questions, I worked for PGL back in 2009.

When did you get trained on site? How long were you teaching on basic activities for?

Anything you would recommend taking?
Reply 4
Original post by Sportycb
I am sorry I have never worked for PGL. However I have worked for similar companies. As you will be supporting kids in dangerous situations so a lot of the training probably will be about how to use the equipment. The rest will be the general structures and timetables. It is actually complicated system of rotas and heirachy of responsibilities.
I actually applied and was accepted but then dropped out because the dates for my University overlapped. Anyway I remember getting a pack of information. Is it not in that?

Out of curiousity why PGL?

Thanks for the help!

I choise PGL as I had applied for Blacklands Farm and Foxlease as well (Girlguiding Centers) but they were very un organised seaming and took forever to get back to me about my application. And I needed to get a job sorted for the summer before I did my winter season.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending