Turn on thread page Beta

If you discovered that your partner had a lot of sexual partners, around 20 region and he only stopped it 2 weeks before you guys met, would it change your opinion on him?

ReputationRep:
    Of course!

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Of course!
    why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    why?
    It will always play in my mind.

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    It will always play in my mind.
    that is true, and the way you see him as a male version of a promiscuous female or loose woman.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I found out they'd previously been unfaithful I'd be more bothered than if they'd been promiscuous

(Original post by Donkey******)
    I think if I found out they'd previously been unfaithful I'd be more bothered than if they'd been promiscuous
    interesting point.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably feel a little surprised and jealous at first but I'd get over it. I wouldn't judge them for it. Everyone has a past. Maybe he just hadn't met the right person yet and when he does he'll be very loyal and committed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)

I agree with this^

(Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    I'd probably feel a little surprised and jealous at first but I'd get over it. I wouldn't judge them for it. Everyone has a past. Maybe he just hadn't met the right person yet and when he does he'll be very loyal and committed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    fair enough , and I was jealous and felt upset because he didn't tell me what I was getting into so I felt lied to a bit. I guess it was all insecurity but you're pretty right about this, so I now understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    fair enough , and I was jealous and felt upset because he didn't tell me what I was getting into so I felt lied to a bit. I guess it was all insecurity but you're pretty right about this, so I now understand.
    Yeah that's totally understandable. How are things now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    Yeah that's totally understandable. How are things now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've moved on and realised I care much more about this relationship than the past. Things did get really bad but I had to swallow my pride and ego to see that it's something really special

ReputationRep:
    I would be okay with it, as long as he is disease free.

(Original post by loveleest)
    I would be okay with it, as long as he is disease free.
    fair enough

ReputationRep:
    probably, but I'd obvious prefer if she had a similar number to me so we could feel like equals

(Original post by AlmightyJesus)
    probably, but I'd obvious prefer if she had a similar number to me so we could feel like equals
    yeah instead of being someway intimidated by it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.