ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I usually stare at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darien91)
    Unzip my fly and say "dinner is served"

(Original post by UWS)
    I usually stare at them
    Nah bro..... what like stare when they're looking or?

ReputationRep:
    ask them to guess how many reps i have :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    ask them to guess how many reps i have :smug:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Like how much exercise you do? (yh I'm clueless)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Like how much exercise you do? (yh I'm clueless)

ReputationRep:
    I say funny clever complimentary things

ReputationRep:
    Say "Hello", "Hi" or "Hey".

Usually comes back with the response "Sorry, I have a boyfriend."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I say funny clever complimentary things
    Such as?

As a girl I can't tell if someone is flirting. I just assume they're being friendly .

Is this classed as flirting? --> staring even if they're not looking, high fives, playfully punch

(Original post by Tinemither)
    Say "Hello", "Hi" or "Hey".

Usually comes back with the response "Sorry, I have a boyfriend."
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL. wth some girls o.o

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OL. wth some girls o.o
    Jk, jk. But seriously, me flirting involves witty puns, sarcasm and playful banter. I don't often do that. Puns tend to be cheesy and poorly crafted, usually situated around deer.

Deer god, I need to stop. Doe I don't know how. It'll be a stag-gering feat if I can beat this.

ReputationRep:
    Jk, jk. But seriously, me flirting involves witty puns, sarcasm and playful banter. I don't often do that. Puns tend to be cheesy and poorly crafted, usually situated around deer.

Deer god, I need to stop. Doe I don't know how. It'll be a stag-gering feat if I can beat this.

Half of the things you said I don't understand lol.

But seriously I hate when guys flirt.. you can't tell whether they're just messing or generally like u. Most guys that fancy girls don't flirt

ReputationRep:
    "Sorry, I have a boyfriend."
    I find it so mean when girls do this, like there are such things as platonic relationships ;[

ReputationRep:
    Such as?
    Well, it depends on the girl I'm flirting with. A good compliment is personal to the complimentee, so what I say is usually spur-of-the-moment.

The other day a vet student had been out milking cows as part of her course and was apologising to us for smelling like cows. I said there were probably some cows out there who were very happy to smell like her.

(I hope she isn't on here. 0.o)

As a girl I can't tell if someone is flirting. I just assume they're being friendly .

Is this classed as flirting? --> staring even if they're not looking, high fives, playfully punch
    It could well be flirtatious. I'm not sure how helpful it is to be able to recognise flirting anyway; I've found that people sometimes flirt unintentionally or unconsciously, or without any intention of having things progress further. I usually want things to progress further when I flirt, but I'm usually not socially courageous enough to actually go through with it; I'm sure there are others like that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Well, it depends on the girl I'm flirting with. A good compliment is personal to the complimentee, so what I say is usually spur-of-the-moment.

The other day a vet student had been out milking cows as part of her course and was apologising to us for smelling like cows. I said there were probably some cows out there who were very happy to smell like her.

(I hope she isn't on here. 0.o)

It could well be flirtatious. I'm not sure how helpful it is to be able to recognise flirting anyway; I've found that people sometimes flirt unintentionally or unconsciously, or without any intention of having things progress further. I usually want things to progress further when I flirt, but I'm usually not socially courageous enough to actually go through with it; I'm sure there are others like that too.
    Lol that cow thing hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahhahahahaha lol

And BASICALLY FOR ALL THE GIRLS OUT THERE A REMINDER ---> GUYS JUST FLIRT, DON'T ASSUME HE LIKES YOU!

And as far as staring -> Think he likes you, but move on anyways

ReputationRep:
    Half of the things you said I don't understand lol.

But seriously I hate when guys flirt.. you can't tell whether they're just messing or generally like u. Most guys that fancy girls don't flirt
    Lol, I'm a mysteryyyy.

I don't honestly flirt. Purely because when I do, I humiliate myself. Besides, I don't fall for people, so have no need to flirt.

(Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    I find it so mean when girls do this, like there are such things as platonic relationships ;[
    I know right. But people are stupid and don't realise. They deserve a boot for it. I'll keep my own. Just buy them a pair of boots to wear because people need to understand what lugging around huge weights is about. I don't actually know what I'm saying, but even so.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she wants a foot long from subway, no pun intended

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.