Turn on thread page Beta

Straight identifying but have gay fantasies watch

Just wondered if anyone else ever felt like this. I identify as straight, have only ever been with women, but often when I masturbate I think about gay sex, both giving and taking. I don't understand why this is, I could never picture myself in a relationship with a male and although can appreciate if a guy is good looking wouldn't say I was interested in the same way as women. Guess I'm just trying to figure things out in my head, I don't think I'm gay, but then why have these fantasies? I don't even ever fell the urge to act on them, just like to think about it.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Nope. Never had that.

You're batty.
    Probably gay.
    Probably like ****.

Cyka Blyat.

ReputationRep:
    you dont know unless you try
    what can you loose

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's out of the ordinary. Ignore the unhelpful coward-anon above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just wondered if anyone else ever felt like this. I identify as straight, have only ever been with women, but often when I masturbate I think about gay sex, both giving and taking. I don't understand why this is, I could never picture myself in a relationship with a male and although can appreciate if a guy is good looking wouldn't say I was interested in the same way as women. Guess I'm just trying to figure things out in my head, I don't think I'm gay, but then why have these fantasies? I don't even ever fell the urge to act on them, just like to think about it.

Anyone else experience anything similar?
    I am straight and NEVER.

My thought is that you are at least bi

ReputationRep:

(Original post by M14B)
    I am straight and NEVER.

My thought is that you are at least bi
    Yeah. Maybe. But I would kind of think if Bi, I would think of men and women in a similar way, but it's not like that, I just don't feel attracted to guys in the same way as women. I don't think it's a psychological block or anything either. It just feels different!

(Original post by shawtyb)
    you dont know unless you try
    what can you loose
    Am in a relationship now and I would never cheat either way.

ReputationRep:
    It's not uncommon.

For some they just remain idle fantasies. For some they are the first step towards questioning their sexual identity.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Maybe. But I would kind of think if Bi, I would think of men and women in a similar way, but it's not like that, I just don't feel attracted to guys in the same way as women. I don't think it's a psychological block or anything either. It just feels different!
    There are different levels of bi.
    Bi does not mean 50 - 50

Post doesn't say how old you are, but if you're still in your teens and/or going through puberty it's 100% normal to have these kind of feelings

(Original post by M14B)
    There are different levels of bi.
    Bi does not mean 50 - 50
    That's a good point, although you hear that and can rationalise it, logic goes out the window when it comes to yourself!!!

(Original post by JBLondon)
    Post doesn't say how old you are, but if you're still in your teens and/or going through puberty it's 100% normal to have these kind of feelings
    28, so not in teens. I guess have been having these thoughts increasingly for maybe around 2-3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    you should suck it lol
    how about no

Am in a relationship now and I would never cheat either way.
    didnt say to cheat

(Original post by shawtyb)
    didnt say to cheat
    Ah, apologies, thought that was what you were getting at!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, apologies, thought that was what you were getting at!!
    noo!! i dont condone cheating especially under 'maybe il try just to find out' type terms

28, so not in teens. I guess have been having these thoughts increasingly for maybe around 2-3 years.
    Well either way it's natural. 2-3 years is a long time for them to be temporary though, so I'd suggest they actually mean something. It doesn't mean you have to label yourself though, sexuality is fluid not solid.

How does it make you feel to have these feelings?

I think the thing to remember is that sexuality isn't black and white. I completely believe you can be attracted to the same sex in a sexual way, but not in an emotional way. Just because a guy thinks about men to get himself off or a woman thinks about women to get herself off doesn't necessarily mean you want a relationship with the same sex. Don't overthink it and don't worry about it. As long as you're not dating women to cover up the fact that you want to date men, then I don't think there's anything wrong.

(Original post by JBLondon)
    Well either way it's natural. 2-3 years is a long time for them to be temporary though, so I'd suggest they actually mean something. It doesn't mean you have to label yourself though, sexuality is fluid not solid.

How does it make you feel to have these feelings?
    It's not something I've ever thought too much about, I'm pretty carefree and as you say, don't really care about labels. But just kind of thought as I was in a more serious (female) relationship now, whether I should think if these fantasies are likely to hurt my relationship and if they really "mean" anything.

I think the thing to remember is that sexuality isn't black and white. I completely believe you can be attracted to the same sex in a sexual way, but not in an emotional way. Just because a guy thinks about men to get himself off or a woman thinks about women to get herself off doesn't necessarily mean you want a relationship with the same sex. Don't overthink it and don't worry about it. As long as you're not dating women to cover up the fact that you want to date men, then I don't think there's anything wrong.
    Cheers, this actually makes a lot of sense, thanks for your insight.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.