Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tolerance and understanding thread watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Multiculturalism)
    No child should be born into poverty!
    The exclamation marks give you away, but were this real life, it would be hard to distinguish you from a normal regressive left supporter.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Multiculturalism does not troll!

Everyone needs a safe space! Everyone deserves somewhere free from bullying and discrimination!
    Including Trump or racists? It's only select, which in itself is discrimination. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    impervious :beard: that means impenetrable right?
    omg :shock: legit never thought of that i thought it was gonna be a big concrete thing like the Berlin Wall
    Have you seen any Divergent movies? If so imagine if its like that wall, that would be quite cool. (Well not really but for us it would be quite cool to see.)

Or something like this:

ReputationRep:
    The only people who are no longer safe is muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feel Tha Bern)
    What do you think

Cor blimey. Privilege based on race is not a hard idea to wrap youre head around. white people tend to have things easier due to their race. simple as. spoils of war/colonialism/oppression take different forms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    Cor blimey. Privilege based on race is not a hard idea to wrap youre head around. white people tend to have things easier due to their race. simple as. spoils of war/colonialism/oppression take different forms
    my parents don't have anything from slavery

When can I get my share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judas69)
    The only people who are no longer safe is muslims
    Yes indeed!

We need to show them love and affection, to show them that we do not hate them. There is too much hate in the world already!

ReputationRep:
    my parents don't have anything from slavery

When can I get my share?
    you still benefit. jobs,social mobility, social perception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    you still benefit. jobs,social mobility, social perception
    I am aware that I have privileges which other people don't have and I am perfectly able to both recognise their existence as well as the fact I have not earned them, but not one of those privileges is down to my skin colour. The very idea of White privilege is nothing more than a means of intellectualising what is normal, grubby, senseless racism, towards White people.

ReputationRep:
    I am aware that I have privileges which other people don't have and I am perfectly able to both recognise their existence as well as the fact I have not earned them, but not one of those privileges is down to my skin colour. The very idea of White privilege is nothing more than a means of intellectualising what is normal, grubby, senseless racism, towards White people.
    Most people in power in developed countries are white

White people are better educated, earn more, die older,...

ReputationRep:
    Most people in power in developed countries are white... so your argument is false
    Unless I am that person in power, it doesn't have anything to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    This Multiculturalism guy is almost suspiciously enthusiastic, isn't he... 0.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    This Multiculturalism guy is almost suspiciously enthusiastic, isn't he... 0.o
    A thread on tolerance and understanding? I'm having the biggest orgasm of my life just thinking about it! :drool:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.