Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Planning to Fail Class so I Can Retake watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Are resits not capped at 40% where you go?
    No. Now what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mall-cop)
    No. Now what?
    If they aren't capped then you may as well box clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    If resitting the class means resitting the whole year, then student finance will cover you.
    I was told they can cover you for the entire duration of your degree plus one year on top of that.
    If you just need to resit an exam then you have to just pay for that module yourself. You can look into bursary schemes if you need help paying for that exam resit. Student finance and your department will be able to help you better on this issue.
    :afraid:
    I Pmed you as well sis :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    awww, you do like me! :yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    what
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JC.)
    Kind of but thats not the issue hes only interested in whether sfe will pay for the resit. The uni sites tend to have this information on a lot of them but they vary on how they treat resits. You dont know his uni, so you ant say.

He's lucky he isnt capped.

ReputationRep:
    No not the whole year. Just the one class I think I will fail. I've never failed before so if I fail one module I have to redo the whole year?? :hmmm:
    If you fail the module you'll likely have to redo the module and be capped at a pass, you wont have to pay for this you'll submit in summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    If this is just a regular undergrad degree, then a retake will be capped at the lowest pass rate anyway, which is 40%, so if you think you can pass you may as well try, as you wont be able o get more than 40% next time anyway.

If this isnt the case then you need to explain yourself better, this thread makes like no sense

i can't pass a class simply because I didn't have the money to register to a website that was made mandatory for students to get the work and to take the exams

I wanted to know if I just take it again, will I have to pay for it?
    Since I made the thread I am told it's based on x, y, z.
    Or was told to ask people I already asked:
    my mother works at my university and people don't all like her so they've mislead me or withheld important information; ie I had to register for certain core modules that the lady didn't inform me of. I show my mother what I registered for and she says no core modules were enrolled. So I had to go back and do it again. if it weren't for my mother I wouldn't have known and I'd be in sh*t. However my mother doesn't know everything about how the bureaucracy works.

I also have had my financial records lost/misplaced and almost had to pay thousands because they didn't submit my work. Without my persistence, they would've never looked for it and submitted my application

I also got my HND in July 2015 but they tried to stop me from getting it

so I have no one to ask there. Trust me if I knew I wouldn't come to tsr.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    If you fail the module you'll likely have to redo the module and be capped at a pass, you wont have to pay for this you'll submit in summer.
    How do you know? Has he told you his insitution? He has already said he wont be capped for a resit.

ReputationRep:
    :teeth:...

ReputationRep:
    Ignore 999tigger. So anyway, I won't have to pay to do the module again, generally speaking? Is it completely unheard of to pay to do a core module again? Or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Kind of but thats not the issue hes only interested in whether sfe will pay for the resit. The uni sites tend to have this information on a lot of them but they vary on how they treat resits. You dont know his uni, so you ant say.

He's lucky he isnt capped.
    Why are you confronting everyone who answers differently than you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    How do you know? Has he told you his insitution? He has already said he wont be capped for a resit.
    why don't you try asking the op what degree he is reading, and at which university??

ReputationRep:
    Look idc about capping or percentages or anything. I accept it's a sh*t situation.

The worst thing now is having to pay to retake. 4 pages just to tell me if I or anyone has ever had to pay to take a class again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    No. It shouldn't be a huge amount though.
    "No" what?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm gonna have to talk to these assh*les at my school then
    the same assh*les who "misplaced" my sfe applications, who refused me my HND for a time, and who intentionally didn't inform me on core classes I had to take when I was in Year 1

This should go well...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why are you confronting everyone who answers differently than you?
    Im not confornting them at all. Ive been agreeing with a lot of people who see the same thing, Different institutions have different rules.

Oilfreak says you dont have to repay and i was just asking if he was basing that on the fact he know your institution, because many of them do make you pay a small fee for resits (mentioned earlier). It would seem odd to give you free resits and an uncapped exam, when the only reason you were resitting was because you couldnt afford to sit the exam in the first place?

You might wnat to refer to# 24 by RVNMax

ReputationRep:
    it might not help you much but for my uni, if i fail a module (pass mark is 40%) then i have to resit the assignments i failed but they will be capped at 40% and i dont have to retake the whole module, just the ones i failed
    right. but do you have to pay for that.
    nope
    Well that's one solid no.
    Apparently it's not impossible to understand and answer my question.

ReputationRep:
    brb gonna ask someone who works in the office who just walked into the wifi section! :gasp:

*update coming shortly :afraid:*
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by john2054)
    why don't you try asking the op what degree he is reading, and at which university??
    Im not really allowed to talk to him or he reports me.
    If it was the OU, then a lot of their rules are online.
    You seem to think you know him.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.