Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this will be accepted as the correct forum for my post type, so mods feel free to move me to the appropriate one!

Basically I'm only just 21 and recently over the past year or so I've been considering re-taking some of my GCSE's. Back in high school I wasn't very wise or focused and got a bunch of D's where I should have been getting C's or B's really.

So now I'm 21 and sort of thinking about qualifying myself better for jobs or uni courses, I'm heavily considering re-taking my three sciences, which I got D's in. And maybe my English Language, again a D. But I'd like to match it to my B in English Lit.

So has anyone else been in this position and found it worthwhile to re-take. And if so, can you provide me some insight in to cost and how long the process is?

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by xmertic)
    Not sure if this will be accepted as the correct forum for my post type, so mods feel free to move me to the appropriate one!

Basically I'm only just 21 and recently over the past year or so I've been considering re-taking some of my GCSE's. Back in high school I wasn't very wise or focused and got a bunch of D's where I should have been getting C's or B's really.

So now I'm 21 and sort of thinking about qualifying myself better for jobs or uni courses, I'm heavily considering re-taking my three sciences, which I got D's in. And maybe my English Language, again a D. But I'd like to match it to my B in English Lit.

So has anyone else been in this position and found it worthwhile to re-take. And if so, can you provide me some insight in to cost and how long the process is?

Thanks
    I haven't been in that position myself, however I recon that would be very beneficial now as for cost it depends on your local area and if you need to take them as a private candidate, each exam would be around £30 but then a school/ college could add a fee on top. For English and maths I ve heard of some councils offering them for free if you haven't gotten a C in the past so look into whether that's available to you.
    Bare in mind sciences have practical course works so that could be more complicated to organise.

ReputationRep:
    If you're gonna retake them make sure you sit this year because next year GCSEs are changing and are probably gonna get a lot more difficult

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.