Turn on thread page Beta

AS Official Edexcel 1 Psychology Unit 1: Social and Cognitive Psychology watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I missed the 12 marker & 2 3 markers so mine is down to 52/70 max

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyPlatypus)
    How did everyone feel about the resit/old spec paper?
    I hated the first question on prejudice/ obedience after the multiple choice questions! What did you write for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fannehh)
    I hated the first question on prejudice/ obedience after the multiple choice questions! What did you write for it?
    I thought that question was quite hard as it said psychological research and loads of people in my school wrote about psychological theories:/ I linked it to Milgram, Lalonde, Sherif and Tajfel but I forgot to link it to the case study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katrina12)
    I thought that question was quite hard as it said psychological research and loads of people in my school wrote about psychological theories:/ I linked it to Milgram, Lalonde, Sherif and Tajfel but I forgot to link it to the case study
    ohhh I made the same mistake!! there goes 5 marks ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosieFalk)
    How did everyone find the long question on our cognitive experiment? (Old spec)
    it's a shame it was a scenario question and not just a basic describe and evaluate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fannehh)
    I did find that question to be odd and I felt like there wasn't enough space to write as much as I wanted I just mentioned social identity theory and then agency theory and by the time I'd written those I'd filled the space; it did seem slightly random though.

I found it hard to link to the case study too, I think I briefly mentioned groups wanting to "destroy one another" but it was really oddly worded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosieFalk)
    How did everyone find the long question on our cognitive experiment? (Old spec)
    Hated it :laugh: It was easy enough to answer but I hated how it took up so much of the paper, I didn't really revise the evidence of practice much at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeemmacfc)
    It was ok overall. Decent 12 marker but that 8 marker on Milgram got me stuck a little. You?
    It was kind if ambiguous, i found myself unsure of what to write for some of the questions. For the evaluate qs did u purely evaluatr or add a mini intro and describe?

ReputationRep:
    I did find that question to be odd and I felt like there wasn't enough space to write as much as I wanted I just mentioned social identity theory and then agency theory and by the time I'd written those I'd filled the space; it did seem slightly random though.

I found it hard to link to the case study too, I think I briefly mentioned groups wanting to "destroy one another" but it was really oddly worded
    I'm hoping the grade boundaries will be low as so many people hated that question! how did you find the other questions? like the 12 marker?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping the grade boundaries will be low as so many people hated that question! how did you find the other questions? like the 12 marker?
    From what I can remember:
    I didn't like all the questions on the cognitive evidence of practice, there was too much on it haha
    The levels of processing question was quite good, although I found description harder than usual because we had to apply it to the three people.
    The evaluating agency theory was nice, but I'm sure that was a question last year?
    Social key issue wasn't a bad question either I feel like I've done okay/better than last year
    How did you find the rest of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profanity)
    It was kind if ambiguous, i found myself unsure of what to write for some of the questions. For the evaluate qs did u purely evaluatr or add a mini intro and describe?
    4 marks is for describing the study and 4 for evaulation

ReputationRep:
    From what I can remember:
    I didn't like all the questions on the cognitive evidence of practice, there was too much on it haha
    The levels of processing question was quite good, although I found description harder than usual because we had to apply it to the three people.
    The evaluating agency theory was nice, but I'm sure that was a question last year?
    Social key issue wasn't a bad question either I feel like I've done okay/better than last year
    How did you find the rest of it?
    yeah I'm the same I was happy because I predicted the 12 marker and the social key issue. if found the cognitive evidence of practice annoying too as I just made up in the exam what my experiment was! I don't know how well I did on the evaluation of agency theory as I don't think I wrote enough. I just hope i do better than last year:/

ReputationRep:
    yeah I'm the same I was happy because I predicted the 12 marker and the social key issue. if found the cognitive evidence of practice annoying too as I just made up in the exam what my experiment was! I don't know how well I did on the evaluation of agency theory as I don't think I wrote enough. I just hope i do better than last year:/
    I'm sure we'll have done fine I only had 3 points for the evaluation of agency theory and it was a 4 marker oops
    Least it's one exam down! Now onto unit 3 and 4 :bawling::bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we'll have done fine I only had 3 points for the evaluation of agency theory and it was a 4 marker oops
    Least it's one exam down! Now onto unit 3 and 4 :bawling::bawling:
    Yeah true! I have unit 2 next week so I need to start revising for that:/

ReputationRep:
    Purely evaluation, well for some I described briefly as well in the essays as I went along but I didn't do any intro descriptions ,probably would be the best thing to do but I was already lacking on time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chescawhyte)
    4 marks is for describing the study and 4 for evaulation
    yay i did that

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the wording of the first question? Did it say "prejudice and/or obedience" or "prejudice and obedience"? I only wrote about prejudice but wrote enough for 6 marks, however I'm worried they'll cap me because I didn't include both. Also the 12 marker I completely forgot to apply it to the situation so I think I'll get capped on that too... Does anyone know how much I will get capped for each question? Hope everyone did well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatPumpkin)
    Well I missed the 12 marker & 2 3 markers so mine is down to 52/70 max
    I'm certain I got like 3/8 on two of the 8 markers and like 5 on other... I couldn't even conclude i'm really woried.
    I made some points for the 12 marker ngl I did that in the middle of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    yay i did that
    What question are you talking about?! I don't remember doing this...

ReputationRep:
    yay i did that
    How can you be expected to get half the marks from describing a study when the question says evaluate??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.